Overall Satisfaction with Nagios
Currently we are not using Nagios, but we did for about 8 years, and I loved working with the software. We monitored servers, Netapps, switches, power, temperature, site up-time, application monitoring, revenue graph alerts, and we were just starting to use the integrated graphing. The only departments that used Nagios were Systems, NOC, and our developers.
- Readability: Monitoring screen is very easy to read and there are several other views that are very helpful as well.
- Easy of setup for new devices
- Reporting: Reports are accurate and easy to update using group settings
- Training is simple. Technicians are up and running in about 15 minutes.
- A GUI would be nice
- Being able to turn off monitoring a device for a period of time (removing the device from the screen)
- Database driven configurations