Reviews (1-25 of 37)
- SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer gives network packet drops.
- SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer provides very good stats on routers, firewalls, etc.
- It helps us analyze the network flow very well.
- Every thing regarding SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is manual.
- We need to put a lot of things together on our own while debugging issues.
As we already use SolarEWnds (NPM, NCM, ...), NTA was a logical solution as it reuses all polled devices.
- Good integration with other SolarWinds modules (NPM, NCM, IPAM, etc.).
- Easy to install and use.
- Auto discover of interfaces.
- Troubleshooting is not easy in cases of NTA problems.
- Static interface.
- Not easy to cross data between nodes.
Even if it's not really user-friendly you can add alerts for traffic, QoS support must be increased to be useful.
Easy to use for network diagnostic or traffic knowledge even without a real-time console.
We use it organization-wide to monitor users or applications with high bandwidth utilization. These helps us to maximize the up-time of our network and applications leading to smooth and fast access to the internet and data center applications.
Our overall experience with this tool is very positive and has helped us a lot in keeping our infrastructure lag free.
- Monitoring Network Bandwidth is the best feature we see in this tool as its detailed insights help us in allocating bandwidth to users correctly.
- It can be deployed very easily, efficiently and quickly. We deployed it in a few hours at our organization.
- It is good at finding Hosts or IP addresses that communicate more or frequently in the network.
- The dashboard is a little complex for a layman to understand. I remember when I was new to this product I had a difficult time in understanding the traffic patterns.
- Technical Support Assistance is quite complex and difficult to obtain and it has a lot of room for improvement.
- Training material is not easy to find. More training videos would be appreciated.
- Bandwidth Monitoring for Internet, MPLS & Point to Point Links.
- Realtime performance analysis for networking equipment like switches, routers, firewalls, virtual machines, etc where we can monitor performance of components like CPU, RAM, Storage, etc.
- Identifying varied traffic patterns and top talkers in an environment with ease and good accuracy.
One of the important use case is it helps us to identify any outage in network, real-time and team responds immediately.
This reduces the business impact, we being a customer service entity.
- It gives bandwidth information on interfaces basis.
- Helps in identifying any system if infected and team can isolate that endpoint.
- Denial-of-service can be identified and stopped. One of the key aspects again.
- Reporting and integrating with other tools like NAC solution.
- Can adapt ML/AI going forward.
- Auditing can be improved and self analysis within tool itself.
This would help to monitor and prioritize the data to be picked, flag the service provider and reduce the impact on customer. Best suited for service provider who cater to financial sector as they are time bound revert expected and business is highly volatile.
This would not serve the purposes of a small organization where manual resources can handle the load and troubleshoot easily alone.
- Very friendly dashboard to show basic users and upper management network results.
- Can help the troubling problem of "everything is slow" and help give some answers to the root cause.
- Can eat up a lot of resources and get slow at times.
- Somewhat pricey but you get a lot for your buck.
- One day we were having complaints about one of our sites. The internet was very slow. SolarWinds NetFlow helped us to see why it was slow. It was due to a computer that was getting re-imaged.
- Helps us to find the culprit who is hogging the network bandwidth.
- It has been hard to set it up to collect autonomous system conversations.
- It allows you to have visibility of the volume of traffic that is going through your infrastructure.
- The possibility of remedying events that may be affecting the infrastructure.
- Control of the different media analyzing the type of traffic that passes through the critical points.
- We have difficulties in areas such as other platforms that find it difficult to interpret the results.
- There are areas such as Data Center where it is not considered as a primary tool in their work.
- The results that this tool can provide are not considered in the budgets of critical areas.
- Easy to configure and roll out.
- Great history available, I can see detailed history on a link which helps with troubleshooting.
- Graphs available are great, excellent for management.
- SolarWinds as a whole is extremely resource hungry.
- General user interface issues, some things are not intuitive.
- Price is fairly high.
- This software helps us analyze bandwidth spikes in detail which helps us capacity plan for site moves or expansions.
- This software helps us monitor user activity.
- This software helps us monitor application traffic to a granular level by setting up pie charts and bar charts.
- We use this software to alert the incident management team of circuit cuts or node unavailability thereby engaging the NOC team asap.
- NTA could use a good PDF download feature. Right now, we cannot download pie charts in PDF format.
- It is very easy to set up the endpoints for Netflow; SolarWinds can take flow data from any configurable network device. I use a sFlow configuration on Brocade and NetFlow configuration on Cisco; both sources dump and report just fine into SolarWinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer.
- I absolutely love the traffic analytics that are produced; the graphs are very important when talking to management, as pictures seem to tell a thousand words.
- SolarWinds Netflow does a great job collecting and reporting about my what network bandwidth is being used for and by whom. I had no idea that I moved as much data around until I started gathering Netflow data.
- Once you have a baseline picture of data and data movers, you can start picking up on antimonies in your live environment. Applications causing congestion are generally the culprits.
- I am having a difficult time coming up with any specific recommendations to make SolarWinds Netflow better. I love the fact that the community of users from SolarWinds drives product development. I am a member of the Solarwinds THWACK community and have found so many useful resources and templates. The users drive the success of the product… what a concept!
At this point in time, almost all the anomalies I have detected have been humans utilizing the network for personal use. I have used Solarwinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer and SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer together to get a very pesky custom application re-configured due to poor performance and disruptions on the network. Wonderful tools to monitor technology and applications can only contribute to your success as an IT pro!
- End-user application
- The protocols that are using too much bandwidth
- Traffic reports
- Good layer 3 network views
- Well, one thing that needs to be offered should be layer 2 capabilities such as VLANs, etc.
- Pricing can be a little better for licensing
- Should make it a stand-alone, no modules installation
- Intuitive GUI
- Easy to add equipment to the product
- Ability to assign where equipment is actually located on a map
- Sometimes the GUI gets very slow and the server needs restarted
- Notifications are sometimes a little lagged for unknown reasons
- Ability to customize the GUI more would be nice
- Overall database system health monitoring is a quick check for incident management.
- Database dashboard view is very helpful for starting detailed issue analysis.
- The package could do better with actual transaction level monitoring
- If you are using a mainframe, your options for monitoring are very limited
- It provides visual alerts that indicate a possible problem, or high latency.
- It allows us to drill down to see one-on-one conversations.
- NTA provides granular details on bandwidth consumption and latency.
- I have no negatives to address at this point.
- It can provide details on a particular link in terms of network utilization and traffic flow.
- SolarWinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer can be difficult to set up and requires correct settings on router interfaces at egress points.
- It works with most Cisco devices, but I have had difficulty setting it up on other vendor's equipment, e.g., Fortinet
- Autodiscovery of endpoints makes adding sources a breeze.
- Integrates well with existing Solarwinds products.
- Good looking graphs and reporting that are easy to read and access.
- Cost is extremely high when trying to integrate with an unlimited license.
- A few bugs with autodiscovery can be a nuisance.
- Flow information. It knows where your devices' traffic is.
- Create reports.
- Manage devices with an easy way to see the flow.
- They need to improve how to handle Layer 2 flow.
- There are user interface issues.
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Scorecard Summary
About SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA)
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) allows the multi-vendor monitoring of network traffic flow records, the discovery of traffic patterns, and avoidance of bandwidth hogs. As an add-on to SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), NTA helps optimize spend on bandwidth by better understanding the who and what of bandwidth consumption boosting your network traffic analysis capabilities. Trace and monitor bandwidth usage of application or protocol patterns over months, days, or minutes by drilling down into any network element supporting a variety of network traffic flow standards (NetFlow, sFlow, J-Flow, IPFIX, and NetStream). Gain real-time deep Network Insights for Cisco, F5, and Palo Alto to identify critical issues quickly all in one easy to use interface.
NTA’s core features include bandwidth monitoring, application traffic monitoring, network traffic analysis, malicious traffic identification, performance analysis, and error root cause identification. The product also offers customizable traffic reports and alerts, including measuring the effectiveness of traffic prioritization policies. It is designed to integrate with other SolarWinds monitoring and management products.
Download a free trial today: https://www.solarwinds.com/netflow-traffic-analyzer/registration
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Videos (2)
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Downloadables
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Integrations
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Technical Details