Reviews (1-25 of 50)
- Easy to configure and roll out.
- Great history available, I can see detailed history on a link which helps with troubleshooting.
- Graphs available are great, excellent for management.
- SolarWinds as a whole is extremely resource hungry.
- General user interface issues, some things are not intuitive.
- Price is fairly high.
It also works well with IPAM and UDT to understand who that IP belongs to.
- Flow information
- Connectivity for Flow traffic for differenet devices
- Easy-to-read application information with port data
- Historical view based on storage
- Custom applications
- The GUI is clunky
- Some of the graphs can be better
- Performance baseline for network traffic analysis
- GUI is interactive allowing drag and drop metrics on the dashboard
- Alerting via email of sudden bandwidth/traffic
- Graphs and mapping could use some improvement
- Application monitoring is not always helpful
- Bandwidth monitoring
- Application alerting
- Performance analysis dashboard
- Needing support for layer 3 Netwflow traffic
- Dashboard could be simplified further
- Application monitoring could be more detailed
NTA is not suited for packet capture analysis.
1. Ease of Use
2. Easy to deploy and Maintain
3. Full feature set to monitor almost every version and type of flow from various vendors such as Cisco, Juniper etc.
4. Easy Reporting/Dashboards available.
These are just few reasons to name however NTA use with npm makes it very effective when to say Complete Network Monitoring.
- Allows us visibility in to website/application usage.
- We can see if our guest networks are being abused.
- We can see what users are pushing the network to the limit.
- NTA receives data from a specific port from the router/switch/ firewall. But you may not always monitor that port with npm. This causes errors or you have to spend more money to monitor more ports.
- The graphs and charts can be hard to read and hard to navigate.
- Running down DOS attacks over the network
- Helping Customer Support assist customers with slow internet complaints
- Tracking usage for billing
- Creating high-level usage reports for upper management
- Needing to understand SQWL for most advanced reporting
- Some of the automated reports are not very user friendly
- Online training
- Integrates well with Network Performance Monitor (NPM) and other SolarWinds tools
- Combines multiple data streams into a single user-friendly graph format.
- Provides complete visibility into the network traffic flows.
- Requires a good amount of DB resources in order to function smoothly.
- Web interface needs to be refreshed to include more interactive charts and graphs.
- Lack of troubleshooting methods
- Provides information about where traffic is being blocked.
- Provides bandwidth information about the traffic.
- Can show where slow downs are occuring.
- It could be a little easier for the common user to setup a connection between point A and point B to display the traffic information.
As we already use SolarEWnds (NPM, NCM, ...), NTA was a logical solution as it reuses all polled devices.
- Good integration with other SolarWinds modules (NPM, NCM, IPAM, etc.).
- Easy to install and use.
- Auto discover of interfaces.
- Troubleshooting is not easy in cases of NTA problems.
- Static interface.
- Not easy to cross data between nodes.
Even if it's not really user-friendly you can add alerts for traffic, QoS support must be increased to be useful.
Easy to use for network diagnostic or traffic knowledge even without a real-time console.
One of the important use case is it helps us to identify any outage in network, real-time and team responds immediately.
This reduces the business impact, we being a customer service entity.
- It gives bandwidth information on interfaces basis.
- Helps in identifying any system if infected and team can isolate that endpoint.
- Denial-of-service can be identified and stopped. One of the key aspects again.
- Reporting and integrating with other tools like NAC solution.
- Can adapt ML/AI going forward.
- Auditing can be improved and self analysis within tool itself.
This would help to monitor and prioritize the data to be picked, flag the service provider and reduce the impact on customer. Best suited for service provider who cater to financial sector as they are time bound revert expected and business is highly volatile.
This would not serve the purposes of a small organization where manual resources can handle the load and troubleshoot easily alone.
Deep information on logs.
Integrates easily with lot of tools and helps generating reports.
Very strong user community. Helps in troubleshooting and resolving queries, which is key aspect of any product.
Very good tool in helping customer-centric businesses achieve their goals.
- SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer gives network packet drops.
- SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer provides very good stats on routers, firewalls, etc.
- It helps us analyze the network flow very well.
- Every thing regarding SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer is manual.
- We need to put a lot of things together on our own while debugging issues.
- One day we were having complaints about one of our sites. The internet was very slow. SolarWinds NetFlow helped us to see why it was slow. It was due to a computer that was getting re-imaged.
- Helps us to find the culprit who is hogging the network bandwidth.
- It has been hard to set it up to collect autonomous system conversations.
We use it organization-wide to monitor users or applications with high bandwidth utilization. These helps us to maximize the up-time of our network and applications leading to smooth and fast access to the internet and data center applications.
Our overall experience with this tool is very positive and has helped us a lot in keeping our infrastructure lag free.
- Monitoring Network Bandwidth is the best feature we see in this tool as its detailed insights help us in allocating bandwidth to users correctly.
- It can be deployed very easily, efficiently and quickly. We deployed it in a few hours at our organization.
- It is good at finding Hosts or IP addresses that communicate more or frequently in the network.
- The dashboard is a little complex for a layman to understand. I remember when I was new to this product I had a difficult time in understanding the traffic patterns.
- Technical Support Assistance is quite complex and difficult to obtain and it has a lot of room for improvement.
- Training material is not easy to find. More training videos would be appreciated.
- Bandwidth Monitoring for Internet, MPLS & Point to Point Links.
- Realtime performance analysis for networking equipment like switches, routers, firewalls, virtual machines, etc where we can monitor performance of components like CPU, RAM, Storage, etc.
- Identifying varied traffic patterns and top talkers in an environment with ease and good accuracy.
We have often observed long duration of times required for resolutions of simple support tickets.
Technical Support Staff is knowledgeable and constantly followup regarding the issue but overall experience in support is not very good.
- Overall database system health monitoring is a quick check for incident management.
- Database dashboard view is very helpful for starting detailed issue analysis.
- The package could do better with actual transaction level monitoring
- If you are using a mainframe, your options for monitoring are very limited
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Scorecard Summary
What is SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA)?
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) allows the multi-vendor monitoring of network traffic flow records, the discovery of traffic patterns, and avoidance of bandwidth hogs. As an add-on to SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM), NTA helps optimize spend on bandwidth by better understanding the who and what of bandwidth consumption boosting your network traffic analysis capabilities. Trace and monitor bandwidth usage of application or protocol patterns over months, days, or minutes by drilling down into any network element supporting a variety of network traffic flow standards (NetFlow, sFlow, J-Flow, IPFIX, and NetStream). Gain real-time deep Network Insights for Cisco, F5, and Palo Alto to identify critical issues quickly all in one easy to use interface.
NTA’s core features include bandwidth monitoring, application traffic monitoring, network traffic analysis, malicious traffic identification, performance analysis, and error root cause identification. The product also offers customizable traffic reports and alerts, including measuring the effectiveness of traffic prioritization policies. It is designed to integrate with other SolarWinds monitoring and management products.
Download a free trial today: https://www.solarwinds.com/netflow-traffic-analyzer/registration
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Videos (2)
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Downloadables
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Integrations
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Competitors
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) Technical Details