Overall Satisfaction with OpenBOM
We are trying to use OpenBOM for cross-department collaboration between engineering, mechanical design, and purchasing/procurement.
- E-BOM management with an intuitive interface.
- Import/export from/to popular systems.
- Pricing plans have grown significantly in a year's time.
- Purchase orders/inventory control features are only available at 450 USD per month - it's a starting price point for some popular cloud ERP solutions with much wider functionality, where BOM management is just one of the modules.
- 2FA/MFA is, again, only available at 450 per month - BOM being a core part of IP and it's hard to overestimate the importance of having a reliable cloud solution, backed by several factor auth.
- Intuitive interface.
- Features, which suit different depts. needs.
- We are yet to establish the ROI at a given subscription tier and compare it to other similar-priced solutions.
OpenBOM is mainly BOM-centric, whilst PLM solutions have much wider functionality, suitable for cross-department activities. We are in constant search and evaluation of a one-fits-all solution and, I must say, after a price spike, OpenBOM doesn't look as attractive as it used to.
Do you think OpenBOM delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with OpenBOM's feature set?
Did OpenBOM live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of OpenBOM go as expected?
Would you buy OpenBOM again?
I believe the main fit is a collaboration between a limited number of departments (most likely, between EE (up to some extent) and ID/MD; less so - for purchasing/procurement). Some important features are present only at higher-priced tiers, at which price point some better-known/established alternatives can be considered.