Coherence in-memory data grid
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Coherence
- Distributed in memory data managment. Your data is near your data manipulator or calculator engine.
- Write behind, read through, write through concept.
- Fault tolerance and scalable.
- Continueous query, live events, map reduced aggregiation, extend client are few of the very good features I have used.
- Real time monitoring - Java console using JMX manageable node is not quite friendly.
- Security is not by default, we need to implement it.
- Real time troubleshoot needs to improve.
- In my current project, it is yet to be decided as we are on the way to make it live for users. But I am sure it will be an added value to obtain timely calculations.
Oracle Coherence is well suited where data oriented timely real time calculation is required. Coherence not appropriate if your data is off of heterogenous objects and you need proper persistence media (like database).
My key question to ask for selection is how big of a data object you will be caching in each node? Do these data objects have any particular format or pattern?