Overall Satisfaction with Parallels Desktop
We use Parallels [Desktop] strictly because we are an Apple company, but the technical writing software we use is only available on Windows.
- It allows easy back and forth between operating systems. Can access all my Mac documents within my Parallels [Desktop] instance.
- [It] is a fully functioning Windows operating system on my MacBook.
- My MacBook gets incredibly hot when I run Parallels [Desktop]. Like scorching hot.
- My MacBook's battery only lasts 1 hour when running Parallels [Desktop}. Normally will last over 4 hours.
- We needed to run the best-in-class technical writing software, and the only way to do that on a Mac was through something like Parallels [Desktop].
- [It] allowed us to run the necessary software without purchasing PCs, which would be a big overhaul for security and company processes.
Do you think Parallels Desktop delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Parallels Desktop's feature set?
Did Parallels Desktop live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Parallels Desktop go as expected?
Would you buy Parallels Desktop again?
In my mind, it's [Parallels Desktop is] only really suited when you have no choice but to run some Windows-exclusive software on your Mac. I don't enjoy using PCs, so being able to keep my Mac while running this Windows software is nice. Just make sure you keep your laptop plugged in and not on your lap. Because it'll die quickly and scorch your shorts [from my experience].