Pardot: The Marketing Key to your Customers
Updated June 16, 2015
Pardot: The Marketing Key to your Customers
BullExProfessional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees
Score 9 out of 10
- Landing Pages
Overall Satisfaction with Pardot Marketing Automation
Pardot is used across our business - between Sales and Marketing. Marketing is the gate keeper of the system, and we work to manage all the data coming in and going out. Our main focus with Pardot is the email functionality and the forms, both which are very important in reaching our customers without cold calling; Pardot tools are there when we cannot be.
- Email management - between lists, one-off emails and drip campaigns, Pardot really hones in on what's matters with email marketing, as well as making it VERY EASY to set up any type of email campaign. This allows the fast paced world of marketing to continue on and not be interrupted by a clunky piece of software.
- Prospect notification - at the drop of a hat Pardot is letting my sales team know when their prospects are on or interacting on our website. This allows our sales staff to easily pick up the phone and make that quick 10-15 minute connection with someone during the prime-time of buying power.
- Forms - Collecting data and information from our website has never been easier or more efficient. The form module allows us to pin point specific products that the customer is looking for, while contacting our sales staff instantaneously with a connection between Pardot and our CRM system.
- Reporting - the data that is collected inside of the system could be better exported into excel sheets, and not just viewed in the system.
- Small add on's - the add on's that the Pardot team has added are wonderful, but I always feel that they launch them unfinished. A more robust tool would be better if it was delayed a few more weeks/months.
- Social - the functionality between Pardot and any social media site is very slim. It is very limiting in what you can do between the two systems. Allowing to post images and videos would be a big plus, but text is all you can do for now.
- Faster lead conversion is a key bonus for using Pardot. With the fast notifications to the sales reps, they are able to put together an email or phone call within moments, which quickly grabs the attention of the customer contacting us.
- Ease of website building. Having the forms created directly in Pardot and then copying to code right into our CMS has never been easier. And changes to the forms are instant. This has allowed us to collect information from the website, on the road and at tradeshows. Having the ability to use Pardot at a tradeshow has allowed us to collect better leads, as well as save money on lead scanners, which can be very pricey.
- Emails - again, this is a huge piece of our marketing mix. Pardot allows us to contact our customers quickly and professionally with their email builder. The process could not be easier. The email builder has cut time off of email campaigns because the process is so easy.
I have never used another Marketing Automation software, but I have evaluated them - they include: Eloqua, Marketo, HubSpot. All which are great products as well, but Pardot offered the best user experience and functionality. The interface is easy to use and is simply designed. Many other marketing automation systems are very clunky and hard to navigate. When you're working in the ever changing world of marketing, you need to have a system that you don't have to "think" about using. Pardot is just a point and click system that allows you to do what you have to do and be done. Some of the other products did offer better reporting, which I do wish Pardot did have.
Best practices - this is always a great sticking point for us. If a company can provide their best practices for their product, it always helps the end user enjoy the product that much more. Also, asking to speak with current customers is always helpful too. Pardot will set you up with a current customer to walk you through their process and how they use the tool, which allows the purchasing customer to see a quick glimmer of how the product is REALLY used and not just demonstrated to them.
Using Pardot Marketing Automation
We will be renewing our use of Pardot. We have found that the system is very useful to marketing and sales and it makes it a lot easier to run marketing campaigns and conduct sales efforts with the information that Pardot gives. Staying with the system can only make the product better; the more information you put into the system, the better reporting and numbers you are going to get out of it in the end.