Overall Satisfaction with Progress Telerik Fiddler
My work involves a lot of integration with third-party APIs, this tool provides a clear breakdown of API calls and makes it really simple to see the raw request so that we can write code to build that same request. We have found that in a lot of cases, it highlights missing headers in the requests as well as gives the raw JSON data which is easy to pull out and create matching classes it's so simple to use and really easy to filter out requests to only see the bits that you are actually interested inIt's such a useful and well-built project that I insist all developers on my team have it so that they can use it for debugging and to aid in building new integrations. An invaluable tool, cannot recommend it enough!
- Viewing the raw request information of web requests
- Viewing the raw response information of web requests
- Viewing speeds of requests to monitor how long the request takes to respond
- Seeing any routing of different requests so that you can get more information on redirects that happen
- The display could potentially become a bit more user-friendly over time, it's pretty easy to follow but for example, I always view the raw request/response information by default and this is not the default selection, being able to choose the default selection would be nice
- Clearer information and options to reduce 'noise' when viewing the requests, there are often a lot of background requests being sent on a computer, you can filter to roughly see what you want and filter out things that you don't want but there are different types of requests and I can't see how to filter between those - possibly a feature but could be made easier to use potentially
- Nothing else to put, this is a fantastic product so there isn't much else to suggest at this stage of using it and I have been using fiddler for years now in my role as a software engineer
- Being able to view raw requests for seeing how a request is built in the system
- Seeing the raw response so that I can share that detail around to different support teams as well as using it to see error messages that sometimes get hidden when redirects happen
- Pulling out the details on other computers, we have interacted quite heavily on the .NET library available so that we can see when users visit certain web pages, this has given us the ability to monitor different webpages that are visited throughout the day internally without having to use a third-party software
- Overall this tool has sped up the process of integrating with new systems infinitely
- The cost of fiddler everywhere which is what we use specifically is nothing in comparison to the cost of dev time saved when debugging processes
- Being able to send information around so simply to other support teams to show them what responses we are getting along with the request detail have made communications much quicker and saves a lot of time going back and forth discussing what is being done and what the request is being sent
Do you think Progress Telerik Fiddler delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Progress Telerik Fiddler's feature set?
Did Progress Telerik Fiddler live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Progress Telerik Fiddler go as expected?
Would you buy Progress Telerik Fiddler again?
I am a senior software engineer and I have actively made fiddler a requirement for all of our engineers to have on their laptops by default. I have recommended it to all web developers that I have worked with and contractors that I have worked with as it has saved my mental stability on numerous occasions when trying to show people details of various web requests when working on integrations between different systems This is an absolutely fantastic product that I have used in a technical capacity many, many times and I will always suggest it as a tool when someone is debugging specifically but also for initial development to see how the requests are formed and for sharing responses and requests details so that others can recreate the request that you have sent through right down to the smallest detail