November 16, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray
Our interactions with the support team have been very positive. We have used them for everything from point releases to setting up our VASA and analytics collectors for our VMs. Every step of the way they have been very helpful and knowledgeable. So far we have not had support like this from other vendors.
We are currently using this product to support one of our vmware clusters. We are utilizing the High availability features for a specific product.
- It is very easy to use the management interface.
- So far the product has been incredibly fast.
- It has a very robust feature set and they are constantly improving upon its capabilities.
- We are waiting for support of VVOLs along with the active clustering at the same time.
- I really don't have any more negatives as the product thus far has been wonderful.
- So far the overall investment has definitely been worth it.
- We are looking into using this product in more areas since it has resolved issues we were having with our large databases and the lack of flexibility we had due to speed.
This has actually been a huge point for us. Due to the way the management interface has been created we don't have to spend large amounts of time working on setting up the arrays and configuring all of the little details. It essentially just works. We have had wonderful experiences with the support group as well as they have been very knowledgeable and it has allowed us to not have to worry about maintenance.
Due your homework and make sure you are really going to use the features provided. There is a lot that Pure has to offer and they are willing to work with you to make sure you can get the most out of their product. Be sure to get references as well as most people have wonderful things to say about this new array and it will assist in making your decision.
- We have been utilizing the VMware built in tools to further reduce our need to log into the arrays
- We have leveraged our ability to clone databases to greatly reduce the wait time of restores
- We have begun using stretched volumes for redundency
It is very effective in an area where you need to handle high levels of IO as well as maintaining redundancy. This would apply to critical applications or high activity databases. This product would not be very effective for long-term storage of cold data that is not touched very often.
Using Pure Storage FlashArray
20 - They represent our SAP team and our system administrators who manage VMWare.