Pure Storage FlashArray Review 30 of 64
Pure Storage FlashArray Review: "Pure is a no-brainer choice for storage."
https://www.trustradius.com/enterprise-flash-array-storagePure Storage FlashArrayUnspecified9.7120101
Jack Garvey profile photo
January 08, 2019

Pure Storage FlashArray Review: "Pure is a no-brainer choice for storage."

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray

The techs are very knowledgeable. There was something we couldn't find at the beginning of our use of Pure Storage (the specific issue slips my mind) but we got a hold of tech support and were helped right away. It's hard to really say how good they are, because we have had no issues! Knock on wood, I do give a 10/10 for the support we did get.
Our Pure Storage FlashArray is our main storage for our VM ware infrastructure. It has been everything we hoped it would be and more. We made a big decision by going to Pure, and it turned out to be a great decision. All of our programs are running on Pure Storage. It has made a big difference in speed according to our users. It has also made our lives as VMware administrators so much easier.
  • Cuts down on the amount of storage you need.
  • It has a very small footprint which was great for us.
  • We also use Pure Storage to do storage snapshots for backups.
  • So far for us, it has been a piece of cake! The integration with Veeam still needs a little work.
  • We are a government organization so no return on investment. It has helped with our budget leaving money for other projects.
As VM Ware administrators who are the primary users, it has made our days so much easier. It's a no brainer using Pure Storage, really no maintenance needed at all.
We were skeptical at first, like how can they do this?! Once they installed it, we were up and running in less than an hour. We saw magic! No kidding, if you are on the fence this is one of the best decisions we made for storage. Upgrading what we had would have been cost prohibitive.
No comparison to Pure Storage!
  • It is going to need an alternative to using Veeam backup, and the restore times are crazy fast.
I think any new startup should consider using Pure Storage as opposed to cloud storage. The compression and dedupe work great and you will need less storage. I really don't have any scenarios I can think of where it wouldn't be appropriate.