Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray
We are using the FlashArray as our Enterprise block storage. We have our entire Virtual Environment running on it. The FlashArray is providing the growth capacity the performance we were looking for.
- The FlashArray is easy to setup and maintain once it is up and running.
- The data reduction helps increase the usable capacity of the array.
- The speed of the array helps our application users get more from their applications.
- The type of maintenance Pure has to cover the arrays is great.
- The overall data reduction is dependent on the type of data you have. So, make sure your account team knows your type of data before they size the array.
- Make sure you test the stated vendor integration with the PureArray in your environment to make sure it works as expected.
- We are replacing an array that filled up two full racks with two PureArrays that takes up only 5 U each in one rack.
- Backup speeds on some applications have drastically increased. One backup job was taking over 36 hours on the old array. Once the server was moved to the PureArray, that same backup job finished in less that 15 hours.