Overall Satisfaction with Pure Storage FlashArray
It is used across the whole organization. It has lowered latency across all environments and the TCO has been amazing.
- Dedupe and compression, especially for VDI.
- Forever flash and TCO.
- The underlying code is upgraded quite a bit. That means more upgrades than other arrays. It is really both a pro and a con.
- It has reduced the TCO greatly in our 1000 seat VDI environment.
- The dedupe and compression are off the charts. we are getting 5:1 reduction in those environments.
- SQL jobs/queries that took 8-10 hours to run have been reduced to 5-10 minutes.
None of the arrays that we had in production could touch what Pure is capable of doing. I evaluated the EMC and NetApp AFA offerings at the same time I did the Pure POC. There was no comparison. That is why we now have 20 Pure arrays.