Overall Satisfaction with Red Hat Virtualization (RHV) (formerly RHEV)
We have many servers in our organization running Linux. We have hosted many virtual machines on the same, and many of the company applications are running on those VMs resulting in a cost-effective solution as well as time-saving as it reduces the need for hardware every time our company has IT needs.
- Creating multiple VMs
- Save costs as it is open source and comes as Linux kernel Module
- Reduces need of multiple hardware everytime you need to scale up
- Sometimes it can be complicated to handle
- You need support tools for setting up, without it can be complex
- Sometimes performance can drop down
- Cost efficient as it is open source and you don't have to pay extra, comes with Linux
- Less manpower to manage multiple hardware
- High performance also results in time saving
Do you think Red Hat Virtualization delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Red Hat Virtualization's feature set?
Did Red Hat Virtualization live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Red Hat Virtualization go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Red Hat Virtualization again?
If any organization wants to run many many apps with minimal hardware and minimum costing, then it is the best solution. There is no extra cost involved, it comes free with Linux and is open source. If given proper training one or two times, it is easy to install and use as well.