OpenShift is Red Hat's Cloud Computing Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering. OpenShift is an application platform in the cloud where application developers and teams can build, test, deploy, and run their applications.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Scalability (77)8.686%
- Upgrades and platform fixes (70)8.383%
- Platform access control (71)7.676%
- Platform management overhead (69)6.767%
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- $0.08 per hour
Demo: How to try out single-node OpenShift from Red Hat
Hands-on demo of Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS
- Tech Details
Cloud Services Editions
- Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS: A turnkey application platform that provides a managed Red Hat OpenShift service running natively on Amazon Web Services (AWS) used by organizations to increase operational efficiency, refocus on innovation, and build, deploy, and scale applications.
- Microsoft Azure Red Hat OpenShift: Red Hat and Microsoft jointly engineer, manage, and support the platform, used by organizations to increase operational efficiency, refocus on innovation, and quickly build, deploy, and scale applications.
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated: A managed Red Hat OpenShift offering on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud.
- Red Hat OpenShift on IBM Cloud: A managed Red Hat OpenShift cloud service that reduces operational complexity and helps organizations build and scale applications with the security of IBM Cloud.
Red Hat OpenShift cloud services automate the deployment and management of Red Hat OpenShift clusters, so organizations can build, deploy and scale applications quickly without having to incorporate and learn new technologies and processes, or manage integrations. It also helps users to:
- Reduce security & compliance risk through 24x7 global SRE coverage.
- Limit operational and staffing dependencies attached to particular providers.
- Reduce integration bottlenecks with repeatability and consistency for multi-cloud deployments.
- Red Hat OpenShift Platform Plus: The recommended self-managed option that builds on the capabilities of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform with a complete platform for accelerating application development and application modernization. The full portfolio includes all the features of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform along with several integration technology solutions including Red Hat Advanced Cluster Management for Kubernetes, Red Hat Advanced Cluster Security for Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift Data Foundation, and Red Hat Quay.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform: A full set of operations and developer services and tools that includes everything in the Red Hat OpenShift Kubernetes Engine plus additional features and services.
- Red Hat OpenShift Kubernetes Engine: An enterprise Kubernetes runtime that includes Red Hat Enterprise Linux CoreOS immutable container operation system, administrator console and Red Hat OpenShift Virtualization.
Red Hat OpenShift self-managed editions provide more control and flexibility over OpenShift deployments. Self-managed editions allow deployment on any private or public cloud, on bare metal, or at the edge. In addition, long-term support provides flexible life cycles providing the option to choose when to upgrade to the next version of Red Hat OpenShift.
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|