RedGate makes awesome SQL Server dev tools!
Rob Cowart | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 03, 2017

RedGate makes awesome SQL Server dev tools!

Overall Satisfaction with Redgate SQL Compare

I use RedGate SQL Compare within my department. In database development, it's an awesome tool to keep database structures and code in sync, especially with there are many hands working on a database. It helps in determining the REAL scope of structure and code migrations. I use it to both generate deployment scripts for later use and documentation and also to effect some migrations immediately. It depends on if I am trying to sync multiple dev dbs or a dev to qc db or from a dev/qc db to a prod db. It is very thorough in its comparisIt's. Its not unusual that I have a few of those "oh I forgot about that change" moments when running it. It saves me lots of time and frustration in performing db change migrations right the first time. I don't ever want to be without it!!
  • Deep, thorough SQL Server db comparisons in places you might not think to look.
  • Gives me flexibility on how I want to save or execute the SQL Compare results.
  • Remembers settings between uses that speed me in using it.
  • Has a clear and effective interface.
  • Pricing.... I wish there was an inexpensive developer version I could buy for myself.
  • Portability.... I would like to use it from a flash drive so I can use it where ever I am asked to work.
  • Unbundled.... This may be available already but I dont' recall I can buy it cheaply as a stand-alone product. Its only part of the bundle - cost effectively.
  • Saves me lots of time in doing database migration jobs right the first time.
  • Improves quality of releases, thus reducing rollbacks or stumbles in migrations that need to be be fixed urgently. This improves client and user satisfaction which usually indirectly equates to ROI -- happy customers are paying customers.
  • I get raises because I can deliver better work in my department.
Frankly, I came into a RedGate equipped database shop and never considered looking for anything else. I didn't find RedGate, it found me. When I leave one company, to go to a new company I immediately make sure there are licenses to Toolbelt Essentials. It's that important to me. If I could afford a developer license, I would! To me, all professional SQL Server installations need to have plenty of RedGate tools available!! They make for a much smoother db dev and implementation environment.
  • SQL Compare is great for all database development environments, especially in "wild west," fast paced environments.
  • Great for SCRUM and Agile.

Redgate SQL Compare Feature Ratings