Overall Satisfaction with Sage 50 Accounting
We currently use the product for our accounts payable and company financial statements. We currently use parts of some of the other functions such as maintaining employee info in the payroll sections. It is used by only a few people that require they use it to complete their jobs. It is extremely easy to use and we have been very happy with it since installed.
- Being able to produce financial statements in both cash and accrual basis with ease.
- Ease of use.
- The ability to export reports and data to Excel and/or Adobe. Especially useful for some reports and being able to manipulate the data.
- The ability to have more than one company and can have more than one company open at a time.
- Small issues with reports. When we do an upgrade to the system sometimes we lose some of our custom reports and have to go out and find them. We eventually recover them. Also have a small issue with the headers on the reports sometimes.
- The ability to change a closed year if you have to go back and restate something.
- Increase efficiency when we first converted to the system.
- Better financial reports than we had when we first converted.
- In addition each upgrade we have done has had enhanced or added features which you don't always notice but that have added to making the system easier or better.
As we did the conversion almost 10 years ago it is hard to answer this question. At the time it was the ease of being able to produce both cash and accrual financial statements and reporting that led us to pick Sage.
I personally think it is a very good package as a whole. It is easy to use and when I have had to train a new employee or someone who is jumping in to help out they pick it up very quickly. Up until you close out a year it is very easy to go back and make a change or correction if required. Although you cannot make changes you still have access to your archived years and can go back and run reports or look up anything. That is a plus. Make sure that it can produce the kinds or type of reports you want; ones that give you the information you need.
Sage 50cloud Accounting Feature Ratings
Using Sage 50 Accounting
3 - Three is an average. There are two of us who use it full time and use all sections we access (don't use payroll or a/r functions). There are also a few part-timers or staff persons who will use it as needed or when they have availability to help out or do special projects.