Saleslogix CRM Review
November 10, 2014
Saleslogix CRM Review
Score 8 out of 10
Saleslogix 7.5 Desktop
- Project Management
Overall Satisfaction with Saleslogix
Saleslogix (SLX as we call it) is the backbone of our billing, support ticketing, and sales processes. It provides a "single source of truth" about our customers and their activity. Support- we use it for tracking customer interactions, as well as the type of issues that come up. Sales - Prospects, opportunities, and closed sales with customized process logic that fits our business. Billing/Operations - Again, we have custom logic built in for automated processes that make our fulfillment and operations teams more efficient. The only department that doesn't interact with SLX much is our development team, although that is changing.
- Multi-faceted solution. There is a lot of flexibility inherent in the design. We are using the desktop client, although there is a mobile and web client as well.
- Stable- the only (rare) issues we have are those we cause ourselves by releasing changes that aren't fully tested. Changes to SLX are done in bundles,so you can easily undo things.
- Scale - we have around 20,000 accounts, with well over half a million tickets, and the performance is still ok. not lighting fast, mind you, but acceptable.
- UX/design- some of the menus are poorly designed from a user interface standpoint. there is no thought given to tab sequencing, for example.
- Speedsearch- this is a utility that is supposed to be a way to find relevant info in Tickets and Defects, but it often doesn't work, and the interface is clunky.
- Better, shared, and more reliable information- we have a saying "if it's not in SLX, it didn't happen"
- Metrics - there is a mountain of data to be mined when using a system as multi-facted and comprehensive as SLX. I taught myself the SQL table structure, and have a library of queries that give me sophisticated and detailed analysis of business trends.
Honestly, the switching cost of moving to another platform is so high that we would have to hate SLX to consider moving. however, we don't, so it's not a hard decision. It is a dated interface, but again, we're using the desktop client, and there is a new(er) web client, i believe.
If you have a mobile workforce, it likely wouldn't be as appropriate (keep in mind we're using the desktop client, and have very limited experience with the web app). It is well suited if your business needs lots of custom processes- find a good vendor. We utilize SimpleSoft out of Ohio, and they have been excellent. Key question: think about where your business is going to be in 5-10 years, and will this CRM solution be able to grow with us?
We utilize the support of a local-ish vendor. SimpleSoft is their name. they are great, and very responsive
Problems get solved
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
It is sort of that old tool or instrument that you know all the particularities for, but isn't the prettiest.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Difficult to use
- Tab sequencing is an afterthought if done at all.
- Lookups/searchs- the interface is non-intuitive, and if you want to search on a different variable, you have to bring up a separate search for that item/variable.