Overall Satisfaction with SAP Business Objects
Reporting account levels information and statistics, individual level information and statistics, and querying marketing databases for advertising purposes.
- Well formatted tables of data, similar to an Excel pivot table but for larger data sets.
- Scheduling tasks to run at a later time or date.
- Easy formula editing, if someone knows how to use the functions in Excel they'll be able to work with Business Objects formulas.
- You can't easily run large data sets. Normally you have schedule these projects.
- You cannot email the result automatically to a regular email user. You can only send them an email to the systems built in Inbox.
- End users can't create their own computed value/fields, generally you need IT to do that in the back end.
- SAS Enterprise Guide
SAS has more options available to the end user. Both are great tools and I use both SAS and SAP.
- The availability of having a web based tool is vastly superior.
- The actual query and objects layout is very user friendly.
- Even a person with limited query experience will be able to use the general functions or run a shared project easily.
- The ability to share a project with another user is very convenient.