Sitecore - Excellent enterprise level CMShttps://www.trustradius.com/cmsSitecore Web Content ManagementUnspecified6.61151012014-04-12T20:26:39.462Z
April 12, 2014
Sitecore - Excellent enterprise level CMS
Score 9 out of 101
Sitecore is being used by the marketing department to provide content management capabilities to the company websites. It's a robust web platform that allows us to implement complex web solutions that comply with multiple requirements from the marketing department. It allows to manage web content by providing a complete set of tools like versioning, workflows, templates, among others.
- Robust and in-depth API to offer maximum flexibility when implementing custom solutions
- Features designed to support enterprise level requirements and ready to be used in high traffic sites.
- Easy to use for content editors and highly flexible, robust and fully featured for developers.
- High learning curve if you want use its advanced features
- It can get overly complex if good implementation practices are not followed
- Deployments are fairly complicated
- Increased efficiency in managing multiple/complex pieces of content and website analytics
- Shorten development time for building complex website features
- Robust platform that minimizes downtime and support issues
Sitecore provides a more robust and complete solution for the enterprise needs than other products on the market. The product has excellent support and provides in-depth documentation. Their API is pretty flexible and in-depth. It's ready to be customized for the most complex scenarios but still providing excellent performance.
Sitecore has proven that it can deliver on its promise of a robust, reliable enterprise CMS solution with plenty of features. Also, they keep updating it with more and better features. Now that we are highly trained on it we have started on getting the most out of it and we plan to keep doing more of that in the future.
It's well suited for enterprise level websites with high complexity and a lot of traffic that need a robust solution with a lot of advanced features. It's not well suited for small/medium companies that want a quick/small website for their internet presence. You will need highly trained developers in order to take the most advantage of its features.