Overall Satisfaction with SmartDraw
It is used by a select few members of the firm. We use it largely to create maps, but also occasionally timelines and flowcharts.
- Provides examples to work off of--these are helpful when you don't know exactly where to start.
- Provides a number of stylistic options without making things too complex, so you can be creative without getting overwhelmed.
- Provides a wide variety of templates, meets a wide variety of needs.
- The timelines are a bit difficult to work with. Sometimes the bubbles take on a mind of their own and don't let you move and manipulate them easily. For timelines with a lot of events, this can get especially difficult.
- The maps are missing some of the smaller countries, and sometimes you cannot fill in a smaller country without "sending to back" the larger countries around it. This becomes time consuming.
- We have been able to create useful tools and visuals for clients.
SmartDraw is well suited to create simple but visually appealing graphics. It is not so well suited for more detailed and complex scenarios.