Overall Satisfaction with SonicWall SonicWave Series
We are using SonicWave access points for our branch offices. Those offices already have SonicWall firewall and hence is easy to manage and control. This serves our basic purpose of secure wifi and is also cost-effective. Around 12 to 15 users connecting behind 1 SonicWave device. There are also 3 SonicWave we have procured and deployed in our organization.
- Easy deployment
- Cost effective
- Basic management from SonicWall firewall and even cloud management options available now.
- Stable and, hence, suitable for corporate usage.
- To troubleshoot the issues it is difficult to take console access and then resolve it.
- It cannot work independently.
- Logging options are not there, and for logs and reports, again another tool or appliance is required.
- Mobile management.
- POE supported power option.
- Zero touch deployment.
- Our users are happy accessing applications and web-sites from their mobile devices, where cellular network is least.
- We are controlling their Social media access and also denying access to unwanted or malicious websites, which is increasing their daily work output.
- We have not recorded any negative impacts as such.
- Aruba Instant On AP Series Access Points, Aruba ClearPass and Aruba Networks Wireless LAN (WLAN)
We evaluated Aruba and then evaluated SonicWall. SonicWall had fewer features, but it was cost-effective and suitable for our budget. Aruba, on other hand, was a dedicated WiFi solution and it was way costlier than SonicWall firewall and access point together, hence we selected SonicWall Sonicwave for our branch offices and Aruba for our head office where user count is more, and even management users are present in head office.
Do you think SonicWall SonicWave Series delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SonicWall SonicWave Series's feature set?
Did SonicWall SonicWave Series live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SonicWall SonicWave Series go as expected?
Would you buy SonicWall SonicWave Series again?
If you are having a small network or environment in which users count is less and if you are already using SonicWall firewall or UTM devices as network security. SonicWave will be the best suitable for you to provide wireless connectivity features for your users. This is even suitable when there are a lot of guests visiting your office and you want to have a separate network topology for them.