December 09, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with TaxJar
Pros: The best thing about TaxJar is the ability to connect it to my Amazon store and it monitors all of the sales tax that needs to be submitted and filed. I also use the added service of letting TaxJar actually submit my tax return. Saves me time and frees me to do things that will help me grow my business.
Cons: I rarely even visit my TaxJar account because it is automated and there's really nothing for me to do. I do check in once in a while to make sure it's tracking everything correctly. There is no real con for me so far.
- This was the easiest plug-in that our IT has integrated with our Magento Website. I love that it can collect and auto-file in every state. Customer support always answers our questions quickly and accurately. The interface is user-friendly.
- TaxJar is a fully featured taxation product for our e-commerce business. I'm amazed that something so fully featured is available at such a low price. It integrates with our e-commerce plugin WooCommerce.
- Best support to handle sales taxes with omni channel business. Our omni channel sale tax collection is on autopilot. It integrates flawlessly with amazon and Shopify and we haven't had any issue at all. TaxJar just does the job.
- The updates this year have solved any lacking areas we saw when we first started using Tax Jar. There are a couple of times Tax Jar has charged tax when it should have not, but the percent this has happened is less than 0.001% and the number of transactions we have seen this on has decreased each month.
- The service at the low price point is very poor. It feels like they do this intentionally to get you to upgrade.
- It is difficult to navigate when you don't know much about taxes. Specifically when I try to autofile and don't owe any taxes, I have to create mock files. This is almost impossible to figure out on the platform without customer support being involved to explain.
- First of all, it is super easy to enroll and use. It automatically transfers the sales tax information from my amazon.com seller central and put them on my account of TaxJar. It is easy to understand and they not only display my state's sales tax but other states too.
- Second, it offers a lot of sales tax related articles and videos that you could read or watch and learn from. I like the video that tells me how to file and remit taxes and it is so easy. It saves tens of hours. I can't imagine filing it without TaxJar and what a headache it might be.
- Third, the software and its site is beautifully designed and very user-friendly. They are good at it and I see this company will be more successful in future as we are having a new sales tax wave.
TaxJar helps me take 10,000 orders and pulls information like zip codes so that I can figure out exactly how much tax is owed in each individual municipality. It centralizes policy, and knows if I have a nexus in each state and how much I owe in each locality. It knows things like if shipping and gift wrapping are taxable in states. I can't imagine running my small business without it.