TIBCO Spotfire Review 74 of 222
TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Business Transforming Product"
https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTIBCO SpotfireUnspecified8.4513101
Peter Wolf profile photo
Updated December 05, 2017

TIBCO Spotfire Review: "Business Transforming Product"

Score 9 out of 101

Software Version
5.0

Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire

• I am able to quickly gain access to data of all types. It is able to dynamically develop visualizations that are both visually appealing and drive business decision making.
  • I have developed many reports and dashboards that display operations performance to operators, managers, and leaders.
  • The variety of available visualizations is vast, and it can satisfy most needs.
  • There are some visualizations that it is incapable of rendering including circular genome maps.
This product is too ingrained within our culture to make a change.
  • Online training
  • In-person training
  • Self-taught
I began using this product with zero training whatsoever. I found this to be an effective approach as I was able to dive in head first.
Spectacular at visualizing large sets of data. Not as useful in statistical analysis although it is improving rapidly. I continue to be amazed at the speed of the application though. Much faster than Power BI or Tableau, although the data cleaning and transformation ability isn't as good in Spotfire. If speed of application delivery is your goal, it's hard to beat Spotfire.

TIBCO Spotfire Feature Ratings

Customizable dashboards
Drill-down analysis
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Predictive Analytics
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dedicated iOS Application
Dedicated Android Application
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile

Using TIBCO Spotfire

Users and Roles

100 - Our entire research department within our organization is licensed to use the software.

Support Headcount Required

Business Processes Supported

• Dashboard Creation.
  • Data Mining.
  • Results Communication.
  • Data accessibility for general users.
  • Statistical Analysis.

Mapping

The mapping works as expected. You provide underlying data that corresponds to a latitude and longitude, and the visualization is created. The WMS functionality works very well if you would like to layer on some other type of geo-spatial information. My biggest complaint is in the geocoding. Spotfire won't recognize cities, states, or countries unless it is configured at the enterprise level on the server. At our company, it isn't configured, so I have to manually enter coordinates.

The mapping functionality continues to improve in Spotfire with additional features being added at each new release.

TIBCO Spotfire Implementation

Implementation

I don't have any insight on the implementation.

Implementation Details / Implementation Partner

• Don't know

TIBCO Spotfire Support

Support

I rarely if ever work with the TIBCO support staff.

Using TIBCO Spotfire

Usability

Most advanced users of Excel will be able to rapidly learn this product. There is a measurable learning curve for those individuals who aren't as capable in Excel.

TIBCO Spotfire Reliability

Reliability and Availability

Performance

Integrating TIBCO Spotfire

Future Integration Plans

• We would like to integrate Spotfire with our in-house dashboarding system to enable users to create their own dashboards.