Overall Satisfaction with Vembu BDR Suite
It is reliable and relatively easy to set up. Upgrades and more complex (multiple servers or storage alternatives) were more challenging.
Testing of new product software is performed on a single VMWare Server. We use VEMBU to back up the 60+ VM's on that VMWare Server to an external Hard drive.
- It reports test results via e-mail.
- We can run reliable backups without bringing VSphere server down.
- It organizes full and incremental back-ups coherently.
- Upgrading to new versions is relatively labor-intensive.
- VMs to be backed up sometimes fail due to a lack of ability to create a snapshot. Vembu should find a way to work around this issue.
- Supporting external storage (cloud) could be easier to configure, use, and integrate into the back-up processes.
- Confidence that development build systems and test environments were well backed up.
- We have not experienced a need to recover backed-up data, so I can't speak to anything in that area.
- The time to update through multiple upgraded versions was excessive. I would have preferred that the updates could be done more efficiently.
I had confidence that I could recover and backed up VM. I ran it in a test mode before purchasing it and confirmed the back-up and recovery processes.
No, we used it strictly for virtual environments.
No, we have not.
- Veeam Backup & Replication
I thought Veaam was overly complex for backing up a single VM Server.
The stand-alone VSphere server backup is handled well. I have not attempted to implement it in a larger (multiple server) environment.