July 14, 2021
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Zscaler Private Access
During the pandemic, we had to implement a new VPN solution because our original one could not handle the load of so many more people working remotely. We now use Zscaler as our primary VPN tool because it is able to handle a large number of users and is much easier to use than our previous solution. It is a must for me because I have worked remotely for my company even before the pandemic.
- Supports a large number of concurrent users
- Runs in the background
- Handles both VPN and security
- Sometimes the interface crashes and I need to kill it and restart
- It can unintentionally block some services like dropbox
- I don't get a notification when I need to re-authenticate
- Fast VPN access
- Ability to handle a large number of users
- Administration tools for management
- The business was able to run with everyone working remotely
- We consolidated into one tool for VPN and internet security
- Less downtime spent configuring and connecting with the tool
We originally used Cisco AnyConnect but when the pandemic hit and everyone started working remotely the Cisco VPN just couldn't handle the massive increase in users. The connection was unreliable both inability to connect and stay connected. It also seemed to include a lot more time manually connecting to the service rather than handling everything automatically behind the scenes.
Do you think Zscaler Private Access delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Zscaler Private Access's feature set?
Did Zscaler Private Access live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Zscaler Private Access go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Zscaler Private Access again?
I need to get on VPN every time I use my computer so Zscaler is nice because it loads quickly with Windows and is completely in the background. You can turn it on and off as needed through the user interface and is able to connect very quickly (I'm a couple of states away from the server I log into). It's nice that you can enable/disable the VPN connection and firewall separately.