Likelihood to Recommend
You definitely only want to buy this product if you have the need. I'd say that need starts at about 40 assets. Less than that and you may be wasting your time with a a product that is overkill. We use it for about 1000 assets and it is a lifesaver. I couldn't imagine managing the assets manually.
Feature Rating Comparison
Software and hardware inventory tracking
Asset lifecycle monitoring
Asset relationship management
- Track your equipment by model, name, assigned user, serial number, service tag, etc.
- Report generator in order to have all of the information you need, it can be globally or specify by criteria.
- It allows us keep two or more sites to identify the location of the IT Assets
- Get all the software information that is installed on the clients, that allows you to manage the licenses and versions.
- You can fill the database and link it.
- You can also add assets that aren't connected with the offline script, I would prefer to get a .exe but this import XML works well.
- All is handled via the web, I would prefer a GUI standalone client.
Return on Investment
- This tool reduces much of the human hours used to go get detailed information, so it has paid itself.
- Limits the number of assets but you can extend it.
- This software avoids equipment losses since they are assigned to users and it is controlled.
- You can calculate depreciation and avoid the wrong investment.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?