Reviews (1-3 of 3)
March 25, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We use ManageEngine AssetExplorer to monitor and manage assets in our network. ManageEngine AssetExplorer is being used across the entire organization, approximately 200 people in 7 locations. It is great for discovering and managing assets on our network. The periodic scans and updates help us keep up to date with the status of our assets.
- The asset discovery across the network is great.
- The periodic scanning and updating of asset status is super valuable.
- The software discovery is outstanding. Receiving list of installed software helps greatly with license compliance.
- To my knowledge, there is not a mobile application.
- The web interface could look a bit more polished, but this is really a minor area of improvement.
Read Steve P's full review
You definitely only want to buy this product if you have the need. I'd say that need starts at about 40 assets. Less than that and you may be wasting your time with a a product that is overkill. We use it for about 1000 assets and it is a lifesaver. I couldn't imagine managing the assets manually.
February 22, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
I have deployed the manage engine agent in whole my LAN network in order to get tracked and inventoy all the IT assets, it help a lot when the department is being audited and at the momment that we planned to renew equipments. also it allows us to get tracket the assignment of our assets
- Track your equipment by model, name, assigned user, serial number, service tag, etc.
- Report generator in order to have all of the information you need, it can be globally or specify by criteria.
- It allows us keep two or more sites to identify the location of the IT Assets
- Get all the software information that is installed on the clients, that allows you to manage the licenses and versions.
- You can fill the database and link it.
- You can also add assets that aren't connected with the offline script, I would prefer to get a .exe but this import XML works well.
- All is handled via the web, I would prefer a GUI standalone client.
Read Jorge Flores's full review
This tool is ideal for use when you have a medium or large amount of assets and you need to have control of them. You can even create a form for those assets so non-IT staff can access it. As an analyst, this tool helps a lot with the inventory task. I think that you will always need a tool like this in your company.
Score 7 out of 10
We used AssetExplorer to gather an inventory of all of our corporate devices while we were undergoing a divestiture.
Read Christopher Treece, CISSP's full review
It is perfect for small to medium businesses looking for an inexpensive way to track and catalog all assets in their environment.