Likelihood to Recommend
Tinkercad is such a great program and I would recommend the program to anyone who wants an introduction to a simple CAD program. I have another colleague that is now using it in her classroom due to my recommendation. I have had students start with me in Tinkercad and eventually work their way up in skill and purchase other Autodesk products because of the enjoyment and opportunity that Tinkercad provided.
SimScale has a quick learning ramp. This is due to the excellent staff at SimScale. I've had interns in their 2nd year of a BSME degree pick this program up and solve some difficult incompressible flow simulations. They love it and I love that we can iterate so quickly on a tool that doesn't stop their other design work. We can run a simulation and get back to designing in CAD. We get notified when the simulation is done. It's great! Give it a try for free and see for yourself.
- Tinkercad is very easy to use. Most of the 3d design software have steep learning curves.
- It is compatible with 3d printing. It is a proper tool which gives you solid 3d files needed for 3d printing.
- Tinkercad is fun to use. There are tones of 3d models created by the community. You could share your designs or even collaborate on designs.
- Must have tool for STEM teachers. It provides both electronics and coding features in a proper way.
- Amazing support team to help with modeling and troubleshooting
- Database of example projects is great for gaining ideas on how different scenarios can be modeled within the tool
- Affordable CFD tool - with computing done in the cloud it allows for complicated modeling to be done without expensive equipment!
- The browser interface is much more intuitive and faster to learn and use than many other CFD tools. Significantly easier than OpenFOAM, which is its backend.
- Great training for new users
- Workspace is a little bit trickier to use.
- Pan or zooming is sometimes complicated.
- Less import extensions support.
- Learning from tutorials is great, but limiting. The online help is a must.
- Some simulations take a lot of time, but at least it's not on your PC.
- Sometimes the software times out due to the server.
The alternative programs are all Autodesk programs and they are great and have many more functions than Tinkercad but are much harder and time consuming to learn. Tinkercad requires no downloading and is the most basic CAD program I have found on the market. It is also free and a great learning tool for classrooms. I would Recommend stepping up to Fusion 360 when you have outgrown Tinkercad.
SimScale is much faster to spin up on than OpenFOAM. Ansys CFD tools are much more expensive! Both tools require expensive computing equipment to run, which SimScale does not!
Return on Investment
- I should definitely say that Tinkercad has no negative impact on my business.
- It shortened my 3d design process for my many simple projects.
- Tinkercad is a free tool, no investment needed.
- I suggest it to my customers who don't know 3d design, but desperately needs a 3d file for their projects.
- We saved approximately $30k using this SaaS.
- Running on the cloud saved us from buying expensive workstations.
- Easy to use. We didn't need a CFD expert in-house for training. We now have outsourced the training to SimScale for just the membership cost.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?
Premium Consulting/Integration Services
Entry-level set up fee?