Overall Satisfaction with Autodesk Tinkercad
It is a great introduction to 3D modeling and design for students during our stem challenges at school. We use it with the upper elementary, and others use it with middle school students. Great for project-based learning and helping students bring their prototype ideas to life, and it mimics real-world stem careers.
- Simple 3D tools
- Free and online and accessible
- Has tutorials
- The tutorials could be more easily readable and easier for younger students
- Sometimes confusing how to use the mouse tools vs on an iPad
- Less professional, not often used in career fields
- Easy to use for teachers and students
- Compatible with our devices
- Helping students prototypes and ideas come to life
- Connecting to math and science and engineering standards
- Great thing to “advertise” to prospective families that we teach at our school
PTC Creo is a more professional software and is great and I used it for many years at my old job, but tinkercad is great for younger students in my opinion and it is nice that it can be accessed online and as a teacher it seems easier to manage. It also has more kid friendly built in tutorials and I think is easier to pick up and learn. Many teachers I think would be overwhelmed by Creo and it also has more of a cost than tinker.
Do you think Autodesk Tinkercad delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Autodesk Tinkercad's feature set?
Did Autodesk Tinkercad live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Autodesk Tinkercad go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Autodesk Tinkercad again?