Likelihood to Recommend
It would be suited for customers who feel more comfortable with using a GUI. It is less appropriate for developers or engineers who are comfortable with command line
- Graphical user interface
- Management of third party applications start/stop/restart functionality through framework
- Support of Apache Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to do "rolling restarts"
- Cloudera Manager needs to be more agile with integrating other applications, such as Accumulo 1.7, to their software.
- Cloudera Manager can do a better job at explaining why a node fails to add to a cluster using their assistant.
- Cloudera Manager should show graphs only when there is data, instead of showing just an empty box.
Likelihood to Renew
Cloudera Manager 8.5
Based on 2 answers
I have not used any competitors, such as Hortonworks, because Cloudera Manager just works and meets all my customer's needs. I only have deployed Hadoop using command line, which is not easy to use and manage.
Return on Investment
- Cloudera Manager has allowed our organization to deploy Apache Hadoop to operations quicker and with less training versus using the command line exclusively.
- Increased employee efficiency.
- Increased product adoption.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?