Overall Satisfaction with Cloudera Manager
- Cloudera Manager has an easy to use web GUI. You can start and stop cluster and services. It will start and stop services in a cluster in the right order. You can monitor the cluster, services, and physical host hardware as well.
- Cloudera Manager has an easy to use API that allows us to create scripts to automate deployment process.
- Cloudera Manager has an option to add additional services that you could manage via the web GUI.
- Cloudera Manager needs to be more agile with integrating other applications, such as Accumulo 1.7, to their software.
- Cloudera Manager can do a better job at explaining why a node fails to add to a cluster using their assistant.
- Cloudera Manager should show graphs only when there is data, instead of showing just an empty box.
- Cloudera Manager has a positive impact because our users have the windows mentality. They are more comfortable with using an easy to use GUI.
- We save so much time and effort by having an automated scripted to deploy our environment. It takes at the most 15 minutes to run a one line script to build zookeepers, Hadoop, and accumulo database. Run it, come back 15 minutes later, and its done.
- Due to ease of deployment, our developers and system administrators are happy that they can quickly build and test their application.