Likelihood to Recommend
Kespry excels at quickly providing accurate stockpile measurement data. It is great for doing inventory spot-checks in order to avoid over-producing a material that is expensive to make, or to avoid over committing an existing stockpile. Though Kespry can produce photo realistic 3D models of aggregate piles and terrain, it isn't really made to capture the same level of detail of structures or vegetation.
- Kespry has unmatched customer service. The Customer Success Team works from a deep knowledge base and always has a solution to keep me moving forward in my workflow.
- Kespry has done a great job of simplifying the entire data capture process. The system ships with everything that you need to get started, it has an intuitive interface, and provides detailed data that the layman can understand and use.
- Kespry is constantly innovating and adding new and useful features. They really listen to what the customer wants.
- Our company would like to see more data entry fields in the inventory management area. It would be useful to see information such as material cost and retail price. We have mentioned this and I understand that it is being addressed.
- I would like to see faster data transfer from the drone to the iPad. When a mission is completed, I like to make sure that the data is completely transferred from the drone before I leave the site.
- A vehicle cigarette lighter powered battery charger would come in extremely handy for missions that use multiple batteries, or for times when there is no power present for recharging the drone batteries.
While evaluating different stockpile measurement drones, we also took a look at a fixed wing drone system. While both systems can deliver the same raw data, Kespry makes it so easy to capture and manipulate the data. The other drone system is a series of different parts that you have to procure, where the Kespry parts are bundled and designed to work together from the ground up. We also didn't feel that the level of service and support with the competitor was on par with Kespry.
Return on Investment
- In one of our companies, we are performing monthly stockpile measurements at four different sites. Before Kespry, the schedule at those four sites was bi-annual, at a cost of over $20,000. We are now able to get 6 times the data at a fraction of the previous cost.
- During one big inventory measurement push, I captured data for 212 stockpiles in 3 days.
- The following is an excerpt from an email message that I sent to Kespry last summer;
- "Up until now, I didn’t quite realize how much time we are saving with Kespry. With my previous method, I could measure an average stockpile in about 45 minutes. With Kespry, I averaged 7.9 minutes per stockpile. That’s INCLUDING the time it took me to drive 850 miles. We completed 173 hours worth of work in about 28 hours. If my math is correct, that’s an 84% reduction in labor costs for this single inventory measurement cycle. That’s over a month’s worth of work in 3 days."
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?