Likelihood to Recommend
Kespry excels at quickly providing accurate stockpile measurement data. It is great for doing inventory spot-checks in order to avoid over-producing a material that is expensive to make, or to avoid over committing an existing stockpile. Though Kespry can produce photo realistic 3D models of aggregate piles and terrain, it isn't really made to capture the same level of detail of structures or vegetation.
- Kespry has the most amazing customer service of any company I have worked with. Any time there is an issue, they respond back within minutes, and typically can resolve the problem within an hour or two.
- Kespry listens to their customers and implements suggestions that are beneficial to the industry.
- We find that the quality of the data is second to none.
- Our company would like to see more data entry fields in the inventory management area. It would be useful to see information such as material cost and retail price. We have mentioned this and I understand that it is being addressed.
- I would like to see faster data transfer from the drone to the iPad. When a mission is completed, I like to make sure that the data is completely transferred from the drone before I leave the site.
- A vehicle cigarette lighter powered battery charger would come in extremely handy for missions that use multiple batteries, or for times when there is no power present for recharging the drone batteries.
I don't wish to name the other drone companies that I have evaluated. Some had constraints about the wind velocity before being able to fly. Others had constraints with flight time per battery or imaging. I have evaluated 3 other companies and all were unable to match the customer service of Kespry.
Return on Investment
- In one of our companies, we are performing monthly stockpile measurements at four different sites. Before Kespry, the schedule at those four sites was bi-annual, at a cost of over $20,000. We are now able to get 6 times the data at a fraction of the previous cost.
- During one big inventory measurement push, I captured data for 212 stockpiles in 3 days.
- The following is an excerpt from an email message that I sent to Kespry last summer;
- "Up until now, I didn’t quite realize how much time we are saving with Kespry. With my previous method, I could measure an average stockpile in about 45 minutes. With Kespry, I averaged 7.9 minutes per stockpile. That’s INCLUDING the time it took me to drive 850 miles. We completed 173 hours worth of work in about 28 hours. If my math is correct, that’s an 84% reduction in labor costs for this single inventory measurement cycle. That’s over a month’s worth of work in 3 days."
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?