Likelihood to Recommend
Smaato is very well suited for user acquisition and retargeting companies. Their overlap in terms of audiences and publishers with other exchanges is very limited, which makes it a great alternative when you need to scale a campaign and want to maintain your frequency cap. They work very well in branding campaigns as well as performance campaigns.
- Fill - the ad requests we send to Smaato have seen a great requests-to-impression ration.
- Revenue - We've seen a lift in overall revenue thanks to the high CPM bids we get from Smaato.
- Payments are always on time and they have a responsive financial team that is helpful in answering any questions.
- Customer service - They are very fast to respond to any issues. The set up was streamlined thanks to their professional customer service.
- Inventory can be a bit pricey in competitive markets like the US.
- Reporting dashboard is limited, needs work.
- They don't offer a lof of transparency about margins over media cost.
Based on 1 answer
Smaato has a UI where you can control your line items on the traffic you want to receive. That is a key unique selling point that other SSPs don't offer. Most of the items that you will need like reporting can be done on a self serve manner and that is a big plus, specifically for changes that need to happen really fast and you don't need to deal with account managers that may take some time to answer emails.
Based on 1 answer
Smaato's account management team is very professional. They are quite fast in terms of customer support, which is very helpful. One item that stands out is that they are willing to understand what you need for each campaign and what is the best way to move forward. They don't just jump quickly into trying to upsell more of Smaato's products (audiences, data) like other SSPs do.
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?