A great HTTP server

May 20, 2022

Apache still does his thing

May 20, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Apache HTTP Server, and make your voice heard!

What is Apache HTTP Server?

Apache Web Server (Apache HTTP Server) is an open source HTTP web server for modern operating systems including UNIX and Windows.

13 people want pricing too

What is WebSphere Application Server?

IBM WebSphere Application Server provides... an application server and infrastructure.

What is ABP Commercial?

A web development platform for modern ASP.NET Core applications based on the open-source, strong, and mature ABP Framework. Volosoft states the service provides:enterprise-ready, feature-rich, pre-built application modules (e.g. Identity Server management, SaaS management, language management,…

Apache HTTP Server Technical Details

What is Apache HTTP Server?

What is Apache HTTP Server's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 9.3.

Who uses Apache HTTP Server?

The most common users of Apache HTTP Server are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

I use Apache extensively in my hosting company. All my websites and the websites I host for clients are hosted with Apache. We use virtual servers to host multiple websites on one server and Apache serves us well, without incurring any cost. All in all it is a very good solution.
We use exclusively Apache HTTP Server on all our webservers across our department on our division. I have knowledge that other branches also use it. On our area, we come from Windows Servers and Apache give us a solid web server, with a lot of options that are useful for the kind of websites we have. On the past IIS was great, but at scale, and specially with PHP websites, was not great, so HTTPD help us to serve several websites with absolutely no problem.
The Apache HTTP Server is probably the most widely used web server on the entire Internet. We mainly use it for server-side scripting languages such as PHP, Perl or Ruby. However, these are not part of the server, but have to be installed separately. The Apache HTTP Server is a central part of our infrastructure. I myself was already involved with the HTTP server during my studies.
April 30, 2021

Apache HTTP Webserver

We have some published websites at some servers, some of them are based on [Apache] HTTP Server.
However, it is more like encyclopedic or Wikipedia style use, as it allows to share information about certain products that are used within our organization.
The Apache HTTP Server makes sharing information about services easier.
Moreover, we support a number of clients who have various web servers, I found that Apache HTTP Server is the most convenient in installation and maintenance , comparing with alternatives like NGINX, etc.
Moris Mendez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Apache HTTP Server to support our infrastructure in different sites, services, and web systems, which are in a DMZ or exposed to the Internet, for which we use modules of load balancers, virtual hosts, SSL among others. Currently, Apache HTTP is being used in my department for over ten years with great success.
Ryan Prather | TrustRadius Reviewer
Apache HTTP Server is our web server of choice for all of our projects. We use it to host our company website, client websites, development sites, and lots of personal projects. Its been our go-to thanks to its familiarity, maturity, reliability, and ease of use.
Apache Web Server is used for hosting some of our internal web applications and database instances including a few partner/customer facing web applications and websites that need fine tuned web servers and performance.
Jason Smith, DPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using the Apache webserver for over 20 years. At my current organization, we use it all over the place. From serving static pages to full-blown web applications. We also use it as a proxy to pass traffic to tomcat applications. It is used across the whole organization and it is our goto web server. It is incredibly configurable and robust. Never a problem. We use it to serve https and use PHP extensively.
We have implemented Apache Web Server in many projects: Everything from configuring Apache ourselves, to the bread and butter of most of our projects: data science. While we have also implemented other open source web Servers (lighttpd, et al), Apache is a package we come back to time and again. Our favorite toolchain is to implement a small, custom Linux distribution running nothing but Apache WS.

We have virtualized/containerized Apache, ran Apache on bare-metal, and even found some uses on embedded platforms such as Raspberry PI, Commodity (i.e. cheap) x86 hardware, pfSense (which includes its own Apache version, which we update and upgrade out of the box), firewalls, routers, gateways, and other devices. Additionally, with IoT related projects, we even load a small version of Apache to run PhP scripts, or upload environmental data from remote locations.
Justin Roodman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company is currently operating three websites that are running on Apache Web Server. Apache handles page/file requests and serves those to visitors. Apache supports PHP, which is what WordPress is built on. All of our websites are WordPress sites. Apache supports common functions necessary to site administration including FTP and URL rewriting.
Rahul Dhangar | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Apache the server to serve all of the clients' websites which require LAMP stack and have been able to deliver medium to complex applications using Apache server. It is used by whole Web Development department and it allows a large number of HTTP requests, configuring access restrictions to certain files efficiently and see a real-time graph of network and hardware resource utilization hence giving us the ability to make informed decisions to optimize throughput and overall performance of the system.
Chuq Yang | TrustRadius Reviewer
I've used Apache Web Server for years and years. We have not found a more solid web server with as much support and customizability to serve pages for our website. Apache is widely used by millions of sites on the internet, and for good reason. The PHP, Perl, and other language support is extensive and very helpful.
October 14, 2016

Apache is Best

I use Apache (as part of the LAMP stack) to run several web servers that I use in my organization. The web servers provide services such as help desk ticketing and tracking, intranet site, project management, network monitoring, and conference room scheduling. This allows me to provide these applications for no cost through the use of open-source software.
Chris Coppenbarger | TrustRadius Reviewer
Apache web server allows for the display of websites to the consumer. It has become the standard for website configuration. It is fairly simple to set up and configure your website for display to the outside world, including secure websites having to use an SSL certificate. It allows for the rerouting of directories and even setting up private directories inaccessible to the outside world. You can specify what files can be seen as well.
Apache web server is supports major organizations and multiple web sites as their front end receiving host. This web server acts as the host to direct traffic into the web sites used by organizations and comes equipped with security and other protocols necessary to cut off unauthorized users.This also has a major role in authorizing user traffic and preventing unintended users/traffic from accessing the organizations' web site data.
We use Apache Web Server on almost all of our *nix web servers. It is being used by Enterprise IT as well as most other departments. It is a solid web server, that allows for all the customizations and configurations that are needed. It allows us to easily and reliably set up web servers with a known configuration and reliability.