Reviews (1-5 of 5)
- Interactive tutorials that make learning feel effortless and fun.
- Wide range of topics covered.
- Challenges are sufficently difficult and therefore exciting to solve.
- If you get stuck, asking for help is easy and you are provided with just enough information to get going again.
- Once your trial expires, you cannot do any tutorials or challenges.
- intuitive user interface (for both content creators and end users)
- support for wide range of software security topics
- reliable cloud backend
- safe environment for learning about and experimenting with software vulnerabilities
- recent change in user interface (takes a bit of getting used to if one is familiar with the old interface)
- Hands-on exercises. We are far from any type of simulation or static content; Avatao provides real applications to train with and focuses both on exploitation and code fixing.
- It is a great option for remote security training.
- The modules represent real-life issues, which is an advantage.
- They could implement Ruby in the exercises.
Avatao Scorecard Summary
What is Avatao?
Avatao’s security training goes beyond simple tutorials and videos offering an interactive job-relevant learning experience to developer teams, security champions, pentesters, security analysts and DevOps teams.
Avatao's approach to secure coding training
The Avatao platform immerses developers in high-profile cases and provides them with real, in-depth experience with challenging security breaches. Engineers learn to hack and patch the bugs themselves. The vendor states that in this way, Avatao equips software engineering teams with a security mindset that increases their capability to reduce risks and react to known vulnerabilities faster, and that this in turn increases the security capability of a company to ship high-quality products.
With 600+ challenges and tutorials in 10+ languages, the platform covers a range of security topics across the security stack from OWASP Top 10 to DevSecOps and Cryptography.
Learn more: https://avatao.com/topics-we-cover/
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Avatao Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Avatao Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|