Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Avatao, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Avatao’s security training goes beyond simple tutorials and videos offering an interactive job-relevant learning experience to developer teams, security champions, pentesters, security analysts and DevOps teams.
Avatao's approach to secure coding training
The Avatao platform immerses developers in high-profile cases and provides them with real, in-depth experience with challenging security breaches. Engineers learn to hack and patch the bugs themselves. The vendor states that in this way, Avatao equips software engineering teams with a security mindset that increases their capability to reduce risks and react to known vulnerabilities faster, and that this in turn increases the security capability of a company to ship high-quality products.
With 600+ challenges and tutorials in 10+ languages, the platform covers a range of security topics across the security stack from OWASP Top 10 to DevSecOps and Cryptography.
Learn more: https://avatao.com/topics-we-cover/
- Supported: Hands on virtual labs with real scenarios to simulate real-life product development problems
- Supported: Framework to build a structured security program
- Supported: Modules for various skill levels & job roles
- Supported: Guided tutorials for beginners, challenges for advanced users
- Supported: Comprehensive reporting
- Supported: Plug and play environment
- Supported: Docker-based environment
- Supported: API-based team management for career tracks and belt systems
|Deployment Types||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems||Windows, Linux, Mac|
- It gives a lot of liberty to developers to do things according to their needs and requirements to check whether it is a good approach or not.
- I am using this tool for developing software and it has been a great platform for us in doing work especially.
- It is compiled of all the best tools and provides a real time exercises to check codes easily.
- Easy to use and user-friendly.
- [I feel] it needs to be more functional while integrating with other platforms. Not the biggest drawback but there is a need to add more languages to it like PHP, Go, and Scala which is also very much developed and used in the organization.
- [I believe] the support team needs to be more active and responsive while dealing with the customers.
- Cybersecurity scenarios
- Gain full visibility security qualifications inside the team
- Give insight
- Look for the more practical side
- Excellent option for remote security training.
- Real-life, hands-on challenges
- The website is very responsive and easy to use
- Not available for personal use anymore
- Interactive tutorials that make learning feel effortless and fun.
- Wide range of topics covered.
- Challenges are sufficently difficult and therefore exciting to solve.
- If you get stuck, asking for help is easy and you are provided with just enough information to get going again.
- Once your trial expires, you cannot do any tutorials or challenges.
- intuitive user interface (for both content creators and end users)
- support for wide range of software security topics
- reliable cloud backend
- safe environment for learning about and experimenting with software vulnerabilities
- recent change in user interface (takes a bit of getting used to if one is familiar with the old interface)
- Hands-on exercises. We are far from any type of simulation or static content; Avatao provides real applications to train with and focuses both on exploitation and code fixing.
- It is a great option for remote security training.
- The modules represent real-life issues, which is an advantage.
- They could implement Ruby in the exercises.