Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Azure Application Gateway, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Azure Application Gateway helps with URL/URI load balancing.
- Azure Application Gateway offers great technical support.
- The software provides automatic scaling of resources for the demand.
- No issues were encountered while deploying the software and after.
- The price is high, there should be more data packet filtering options available.
- The documentation that comes with the software can be a bit confusing.
- Easy to use.
- Friendly UI.
- Best performance.
- Price is a little bit high.
- Some feature is hard to understand.
- Lack of some document.
- Application layer LB
- SSL termination
- There is no annotations for WAF rules, makes it hard to manage
- Uploading images by multiple end-users from several applications like web, mobile, etc.
- When there is a high volume of data requests, it helps to queue them based on the type of request. So it's easy to serve and reduce the loading time from the application layer.
- An application gateway is useful when it can identify the type of details the user is requesting.
- I think, the user interface can be little better.
- Experience on deployment, it should have some good tutorials
- Routing to specific region
- Load balancing
- More detailed logs
- Easy to set up routing rules
- Redundancy with multiple Azure zones and regions
- Ease provisioning with scripts and APIs
- Live examples in the Azure documentation
- Application Gateway UI Blade in Azure Portal can be streamlined
- Have more advanced feature set as WAF (Web Application Firewall)
- Fast setup and configuration update
- Zone redundancy
- Header rewrite
- Configuration wizard
- Testing capabilities
- Automatic scaling of the target application
- Health monitoring
- Load balancing between multiple sites
- Providing manageability via an API
- HTTP header and URL rewrites
- Advanced networking/routing
- Multi-tenancy support
- Easy integration with Load Balancer and Azure Scale Set to provide a full solution for traffic management.
- With rich routing rule, we could use one Application Gateway as the central point for all internal applications to expose to the external network.
- The ease of setting up a connection to the on-premises sql server to any of the Azure cloud data solutions. One can easily stand up new virtual machines and then create a separate Application Gateway to work with each of the Azure solutions like Azure Data factory or Azure Machine Learning.
- Also, we can schedule the jobs to be run at a particular time and also on-demand so we would always have the data whenever we will need it.
The following are the few features that I like the most about Azure Application Gateway:
- Easy to use, configure, and implement.
- It can be integrated with different tools such as Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS).
- Highly scalable
The following are the few features I like the least about this product:
- User Documentation can be improved
- Dashboard to demonstrate different metrics can be more detailed.
I don’t like that it's part of the Microsoft brand. In general, I am not a fan of Microsoft products but Azure gets it right.