Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 20, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
It is an amazing product by Cisco with high performance.
- It uses the protocols 802.11BGN/AC/AX with technology 6.0.
- The roaming solutions are amazing, a great experience for users, on Mac and Windows.
- No need for infrastructure replacement; it is robust for this solution.
- It is the best solution wireless for on-premise, with controller.
- The education is only functional with some methods of authentication.
- I can use the solution with restricted bandwidth Internet.
Read Carlos Zacarias Hernandez's full review
For industry manufacturing for heat ambients
June 24, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use the Cisco 8540 WLC as a regional controller. We have multiple sites where the APs register back to these for centralized administration. It makes it easy to turn up new sites and troubleshoot existing site issues.By using AP groups we can make changes to many APs at a site with one action, by adding a new SSID or adjusting settings instead of having to touch each AP.
- The GUI on the Cisco 8540 WLC is much better designed than other Cisco products. Its easy to navigate between the different settings to find what is needed.
- The AP groups allows touching multiple APs at one time.
- It also allows us to create standard SSIDs that can be used at all sites that connect back to it, this saves a lot of time instead of hitting each site with a local controller.
- The help information is sometimes not very clear. An item may have a reference number next to it, at the bottom of the page it will have an explanation, but sometimes they are too brief to make sense.
- If they can somehow add debugging on the page instead of requiring us to go through the CLI to collect the debug ut put, that would be great.
Read Richard Dean's full review
It is well suited as a regional wireless controller. It handles a lot of APs easily. With one location to make changes it save lots of working hours when updates are required.
Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller Scorecard Summary
About Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller
The Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller is a highly scalable, service-rich, resilient, and flexible platform. It provides centralized control, management, and troubleshooting for high-scale deployments in service provide, enterprise, and large campus deployments.
Categories: Wireless LAN
Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller Technical Details