Overall Satisfaction with Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller
Since its beginnings, the Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller has served as our router for wireless connectivity to the company's networks. We use it throughout the organization and have solved spare capacity and cloud connectivity concerns for critical components, such as servers and databases. Cisco  Wireless Controller is the most comprehensive and it’s what I’ve been using. As compared with other manufacturer's products, it offers advanced functionality and integration. It comes with excellent documentation and is easy to understand. Even the oldest controllers can still support the latest APs. It works thanks to the Cisco infrastructure. It can deliver high performance when the Wi-Fi tuning is done correctly.
- The installation and maintenance of the wireless network are straightforward and reliable.
- It can handle more than a thousand APs simultaneously without compromising network performance. Additionally, it allows us to have full control and flexibility over all access points.
- Many cloud connectivity issues have been addressed, including multi-protocol compatibility with security features.
- Wireless range should be extended and pricing should [possibly] be reconsidered for some organizations.
- Some complex configurations can be hard to get and set up without professional assistance.
- The location of the device can have a significant effect on the wireless signal. Some VPN solutions may be available by default.
- It distributes system ports, security features, and support for multiple protocols.
- [It provides an] AP-manager interface with high bandwidth availability for all APs, even during peak times.
- [The] dynamic interfaces are unquestionably present.
- This device has allowed for time and cost savings for the organization since its installation.
- It's a simple enhancement to an existing network that provides security protection, which can have a significant impact on any business.
- It helps reduce staff costs and works well in conjunction with other Cisco products.
Cisco products offer an unrivaled experience that outperforms the majority of other alternatives. This is a long-term investment that will provide a great return on investment. The Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller, on the other hand, is more powerful and has more features for managing each device and the wireless network.
Do you think Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller's feature set?
Did Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller again?
[Cisco 8540 Wireless Controller's] software quality has been shed in recent years. The only problem I have with it is its inability to work with older Cisco Access Points. However, that's to be expected for any deployment. While the controller's UI works well, some areas could be improved. API integrations lack flexibility. [I feel] it's time for policy redesign. It can be a little difficult to determine coding quality.