Coinbase Reviews

Brian Chung | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

Super Easy

I use Coinbase to manage all my cryptocurrency. It's a way to easily buy and sell cryptocurrency than going through other apps. What I like is that I can purchase cryptocurrency through my credit card and easily monitor how much everything is worth. It also allows me to hold all my coins securely.
  • Security
  • Easy of use
  • Great user interface
  • Not all coins are available to purchase
  • Tax information could be improved
  • Ease of use documents could be better
It's probably one of the easiest ways to buy and trade crypto, earn crypto, and let your company start accepting cryptocurrency. We've tried other ones and it's not as easy as Coinbase. If you want to start accepting cryptocurrency into your store, this is probably the best app out of there.
I haven't needed to contact support for Coinbase yet—it's probably because it is super easy to use and very intuitive. If I were to use the support, it would probably be better than these other companies because most of the other ones come from foreign markets or aren't as big as Coinbase.
Read Brian Chung's full review
John Phillip Masagca, ME | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 13, 2020

Coinbase Review

Coinbase has helped me and my colleagues to store different coin data from our savings/payroll into Coinbase. We usually use it as a bank for cryptocurrency. I recommend Coinbase if you want to have safe and secure transactions with regards to cryptocurrency. It has helped me a lot. Make sure to use and learn how to manage your finances by investing in cryptocurrency. You can also use Coinbase to purchase things/goods online via your Coinbase wallet.
  • Security.
  • Safety.
  • Inclusion of other coin wallets would be great.
Coinbase is where you go to bank your cryptocurrency investment. It is safe and secure. For bitcoin fanatics, Coinbase is the way to go. Coinbase has helped me with fast transactions in the data space. Coinbase has given me the opportunity to have a safe and secure experience in cryptocurrency. I recommend that you use Coinbase if you have any involvement with bitcoin!
Read John Phillip Masagca, ME's full review
Jim Rubenstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 12, 2018

Great springboard into the world of cryptocurrencies

Coinbase is not being used in our business operations, as it's more a consumer crypto-currency product than business product. Therefore, my experience with Coinbase is limited to my own personal experiences. It addresses and solves none of my business problems.
  • Great UI for managing crypto funds
  • Excellent mobile application for monitoring crypto values and sending/receiving crypto.
  • Good two-factor security practices to ensure bad actors are not illegitimately gaining access to your wallets and stealing your funds.
  • The fees coinbase charges on top of the crypto networks are relatively high, compared to the rest of the industry
  • Under load/high volume, the site and application become unresponsive
  • Customer support is lacking. It's hard to talk to a human and get a real response to your questions/concerns. This is particularly irritating since we're dealing with money.
I think Coinbase is a great place to start for people that are just getting acquainted with the cryptocurrency space. The interface works as much like a traditional bank as you could expect, considering Coinbase is not a bank, so it's very easy for users to get a handle on what is going on.

Storing money long-term in Coinbase is not particularly advisable, as the nature of cryptocurrency is that you are to trust no one with your secure keys. By using Coinbase, you are inherently breaking that idea, and trusting Coinbase to keep your funds secure for you.
Read Jim Rubenstein's full review
Brad Henderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 03, 2018

Love Coinbase!

Coinbase acts as my crypto wallet for the Ethereum I have purchased. Many of the other solutions either aren't as secure or are more challenging to set up and as a result, take a much longer time. So Coinbase saves me time. In a nutshell, Coinbase simplifies everything for me and is one of the most reputable/ trusted solutions as a crypto wallet.
  • Very simple dashboard for monitoring your coins
  • Makes buying and selling Cryptocurrencies very simple once your account is set up
  • Has a price alert feature for monitoring prices when they go above or below your target prices
  • Same complaint I have about any other coinbase competitor. Setting up an account takes too long (a few days). But it's understandable as it has to be a very high level of security
  • Higher transaction fees than other platforms for purchasing the same product. But because of Coinbase's simplicity relative to other platforms they are able to charge a bit of a premium here. You just need to know what you're getting into. If you're doing high volume, it's worth learning a GDAX or other platform. If you're buying and holding and don't have the time to research the lowest fees then Coinbase is great.
  • They're limited in the payment methods they accept. Not a huge deal, but they don't accept paypal.
Coinbase is great for its simplicity. It is no doubt the best entry level option for someone who is new to blockchain/ cryptocurrencies and wants to begin investing in it. However, while they do have relatively low transaction fees, they don't have the lowest fees. So for someone who is doing a high volume of trading, there are other platforms that would be a better fit.
Read Brad Henderson's full review
Tom Davies | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 08, 2018

Entry-level platform for cryptocurrency trading

Coinbase is not used by our organization, but myself personally. I used this as a way to first get involved in the crypto market early last year when I knew little about how to buy and sell cryptocurrency. It's a great tool for getting started and really geared towards newcomers who are used to user-friendly financial products.
  • Buy and sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency
  • Navigate your crypto portfolio
  • Send and receive cryptocurrency
  • The fees are way too high. Once you get used to trading cryptocurrency you should find a better solution.
  • Their customer support is abysmal
If you are interested in making some small bitcoin purchases and beginning to explore the world of crypto, Coinbase is a good place to start. Once you are comfortable with the platform, you should graduate to more professional services with lower pricing. Coinbase is just way too expensive and their customer support is horrible if you are having issues
Read Tom Davies's full review
May 24, 2018

Despite its popularity, be cautious when using Coinbase

Coinbase is being used for small, ad-hoc transactions of top cryptocurrencies. There is currently no major function that Coinbase provides for our organization.
  • User friendly / Easy-to-use UX
  • Non-technical users can own major tokens
  • Transparency in fee policy (Assesses fees without notifying customer)
  • Downtime of network is very volatile during high-traffic times
  • Customer service
Coinbase is well-suited for the beginner purchaser of crytocurrencies. However, beware of high fees.

About Coinbase

Coinbase is a point-of-sale software solution with features such as an international digital wallet and bitcoin currency acceptance.