Craft is a great tool to get the most out of InvisionWe use craft in many ways, but we primarily use 'Craft Sync' as a way to sync our work from Sketch to Invision, but also as a way to share design work to other departments that might be stakeholders in the projects. It helps solve a significant gap in collaboration by instantly allowing for both sharing of life designs, as well as feedback through Invision by the other stakeholders. We also use 'Craft Library' as a way to quickly generate brand guidelines and share symbols libraries and sticker sheets.,'Sync' usually works flawlessly in syncing my artboards to Invision. Once you set up the plugin, I can easily forget about tinkering with any of the settings - it just 'works'. 'Library' is pretty great for generating a style guide from my design doc. Clicking one button makes magic happen, and creates a super succinct document for me to share between teammates and other teams. 'Data' also works wonders when trying to approximate 'real' data into a static design. It turns the painful job of having to fill in designs with 'real-world' data a piece of cake. It helps me validate rough designs using an actual approximation of real content.,Craft frequently crashes - either the plugin for Sketch, or Sketch itself. Sometimes I have to turn off the plugin completely in order to be of sound mind that things won't crash. But frequent updates usually take care of any short term issues here. The 'Stock' option is great to grab a quick image for a design, but I would love to see the functionality in here expand to even more options, more services, and more filters so I can get what I need even faster and more accurately. 'Library' works great in its own ecosystem, but updating symbols and the like is somewhat manual and time consuming. I have to constantly ensure everything that needs to be in-sync, stays in-sync.,9,More accurate mockups for clients that take less time than without using Craft. Increased collaboration within and between teams by providing more immediate insight into active design work. More enjoyable experiences while designing, because the tool set opens up new work flows that do not existing natively in any design software.,Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator CC,Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC, Slack, Microsoft 365 BusinessSuperior CMS for custom websitesCraft is our preferred CMS for small business and org websites. Craft provides superior flexibility, extensibility, and ease of use for both developers and users.,Design-agnostic templating system. No themes. This means you can use whatever HTML, CSS, JS you want, and integrate it with Craft. Versatile field types, with 3rd party plugins providing a bunch more. Everything from plain text to address, color picker, date/time, file assets, one-to-many relationships, and more. Control panel with clean, responsive UI makes content updates easy for clients.,Could use a more robust implementation of rich text editor. Some functionality that requires plugins, for example, advanced field management, should be part of the core install. It should be a bit easier to brand the control panel w/logo and color scheme.,10,We don't have hard numbers on Craft's impact on our ROI, but we recognize that its feature set, ease of use, and integrated ECommerce allows offering a superior product to clients.,ExpressionEngine and WordPress,ExpressionEngine, Adobe Photoshop, Balsamiq
Craft

Craft Reviews

Craft
Filter 4 vetted Craft reviews and ratings
Evan Jaffe profile photo
September 24, 2018

Review: "Craft is a great tool to get the most out of Invision"

• 'Sync' usually works flawlessly in syncing my artboards to Invision. Once you set up the plugin, I can easily forget about tinkering with any of the settings - it just 'works'.
  • 'Library' is pretty great for generating a style guide from my design doc. Clicking one button makes magic happen, and creates a super succinct document for me to share between teammates and other teams.
  • 'Data' also works wonders when trying to approximate 'real' data into a static design. It turns the painful job of having to fill in designs with 'real-world' data a piece of cake. It helps me validate rough designs using an actual approximation of real content.
  • Craft frequently crashes - either the plugin for Sketch, or Sketch itself. Sometimes I have to turn off the plugin completely in order to be of sound mind that things won't crash. But frequent updates usually take care of any short term issues here.
  • The 'Stock' option is great to grab a quick image for a design, but I would love to see the functionality in here expand to even more options, more services, and more filters so I can get what I need even faster and more accurately.
  • 'Library' works great in its own ecosystem, but updating symbols and the like is somewhat manual and time consuming. I have to constantly ensure everything that needs to be in-sync, stays in-sync.
Craft is really well suited for any size design team - I have used it within a team of 3, and within a team of 30.

It helps with collaboration within the team, and between external teams through 'sync' with Invision.

It increases efficiency of using Sketch with things like 'data', 'duplicate', and 'stock'. These tools not only make designing faster, but also more realistic, allowing us to 'test' our designs sooner.
Read Evan Jaffe's full review
Ben Seigel profile photo
April 12, 2018

Craft Review: "Superior CMS for custom websites"

• Design-agnostic templating system. No themes. This means you can use whatever HTML, CSS, JS you want, and integrate it with Craft.
  • Versatile field types, with 3rd party plugins providing a bunch more. Everything from plain text to address, color picker, date/time, file assets, one-to-many relationships, and more.
  • Control panel with clean, responsive UI makes content updates easy for clients.
  • Could use a more robust implementation of rich text editor.
  • Some functionality that requires plugins, for example, advanced field management, should be part of the core install.
  • It should be a bit easier to brand the control panel w/logo and color scheme.
Suitable for mid-size to large websites (20 pages+). If you have a massive project with dozens or hundreds of content contributors, complex editorial process/workflow, are tied to a non-Linux platform (Microsoft Server), you may want an enterprise CMS like Episerver. If you need a small, cheap, theme-based, basic website with 5-15 pages, you'll probably go to WordPress.
Read Ben Seigel's full review