August 30, 2018
Score 7 out of 10
We have used PracticeWorks dental practice management software since 2003. It manages our scheduling, billing, recall, treatment needed and some marketing aspects of the practice. We are a practice that included two doctors and three hygienists with one location. We have 10 treatment rooms that are implemented in the scheduler.
- Scheduling - the schedule is easy to read and color code by procedure, doctor, or patient status.
- Imaging - we also implement Kodak Imaging through PW and it is great.
- Overall layout is easy to use.
- The patient handouts such as treatment plans and billing are very outdated looking.
- Buggy at times
- Marketing is behind the times. It is very difficult to run email lists for targeted procedures and no way to send an email blast from PW directly.
Read Lorie Dunn's full review
PracticeWorks is best suited for a smaller office who wants easy to use software without a lot of bells and whistles. It is very user friendly but is limited with customization options. There are better software systems for an office that wants to incorporate extensive marketing with the software. Overall it is easy to use.