Reviews (1-2 of 2)
November 20, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
We use CloudRanger to backup our AWS EC2 environment and to schedule powering on and off our compute resources. CloudRanger enables us to work on our business and not worry about managing homegrown backup scripts, reports, or code. We are protected and ready to go in case of any issues that arise.
- CloudRanger is easy to use. I got our environement set up and had backups rolling within 20 minutes.
- Support is fantastic. We rarely have issues. But for feature user and other questions support is quick to respond and provides a ton of in sight.
- It scales very well. We started with 20 EC2 instances and we've bumped up to over 150 EC2 instances without having to do anything.
- I would love to see something for RDS environments. We only have a few, but there is no support for them.
- Being able to share backup AMI's with other accounts would be fantastic. We could take backups of QA\Dev and share those images to our Prod account.
If you're using AWS to run your Virtual Workloads, CloudRanger is one of the easiest ways to backup and protect those resources. If you're using cloud-native stacks like Lambda, Containers, or Serverless workloads, CloudRanger may not be a good fit since it solely exists in the EC2 space. Even if you're looking for a tool to schedule servers powering on and off to save on compute cost, CloudRanger does a fantastic job.
Read Tyler Cook's full review
Their support is top notch. I've only had to open a few tickets that were mostly just a Q and A session. But their support has proactivaly reached out and suggested that we update our CloudFormation template to get the latest software features. I usually get a response within an hour after opening a non-critical ticket.
May 24, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We primarily use CloudRanger to take EBS snapshots of volumes in our AWS accounts, as well as manage the life cycle of these snapshots, so we don't accumulate them and are automatically removed after a configurable amount of time. The secondary use we give to CloudRanger is to scheduled start/stop of EC2 instances. While these features can be accomplished within AWS natively (with some code, scripts, configuration, etc.) CloudRanger provides a turnkey solution that requires almost zero effort, without compromising security or the management tasks that need to be accomplished. One of the things in particular that CloudRanger does nicely is it takes EBS Snapshots on a schedule and saves them, but not only does it save it in the region where the instance resides, but it can also save a copy of the snapshot in another region, which is particularly useful for redundancy. Currently, it's used by the Engineering department, specifically software engineering.
- Automate taking EBS Snapshots on any schedule and managing the life cycle of those snapshots so they don't accumulate over time.
- Automate starting/stopping of EC2 instances on any schedule.
- Automating other services within AWS.
Read Juan Palma's full review
CloudRanger is best suited for companies that want to reduce maintenance and don't mind paying for something that can be developed in-house. While the features provided by CloudRanger can be easily developed with a small team of developers (1 or 2), CloudRanger provides the convenience of doing all the leg work up front, without the need for any software development, testing, maintaining code/scripts, etc.
CloudRanger Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is CloudRanger?
CloudRanger delivers cloud server management software for businesses, MSPs and enterprises. Its easy-to-use graphical interface offers users scheduling and backup policies to help companies save time and money.
Key features of the CloudRanger platform include:
- Server Management: CloudRanger gives users an overall view of their entire server system, including when individual servers are powered on, when backups occur and how long backups are stored.
- Automated Scheduling: The scheduling module enables users to turn on servers only when needed, providing a more economical solution to server rental.
- Backup Policies: Users can easily and regularly backup servers by setting a creation schedule and retention period, with the option to apply Amazon tags or other events identification.
- Multi-region Backup: Improved disaster recovery management enables users to choose a second backup in an alternate location to further protect against disaster and lost data.
- File-level Recovery: Users have the option to drill down to file level to choose individual files to recover when restoring a backup.
CloudRanger Videos (3)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|High Volume||$799||per month|
*Pricing is based on monthly spend across all AWS accounts. Choose the best option for company size.
CloudRanger Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||30%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||40%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||20%|
CloudRanger Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
CloudRanger Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and more.|