January 23, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We currently use SchoolDude as a ticketing system in our district for staff members to schedule maintenance requests and schedule rooms for events. All of the requests go to an approver at the building level that approves or denies the request, mitigating people double-booking rooms. Maintenance or technology requests get passed on to staff in those departments. We use this as a formal way to track the work being done, and also treat it on a first come first serve basis.
- You are able to designate whether you are submitting a maintenance request or a schedule request (for rooms).
- You can set recurring schedules for areas or rooms you may need weekly or monthly to be requested on a set day or time.
- SchoolDude autoroutes to the personnel you designate, taking out any physical paperwork involved.
- You can see your history of requests (both maintenance and schedule) in the database.
- The filter and ability to sort through your request history is a little difficult to navigate and can be glitchy if you are not sorting in the correct way.
- There should be a quicker and simpler way to verify whether a room is booked prior to scheduling.
- A cleaner, more simplistic look and navigation would go a long way.
Read this authenticated review
This is an ideal program for any school or district looking for a way to monitor room and maintenance requests. The digital routing availability will help ease the burden of paper copies and make it quicker for everyone to use and submit their needs. Schools with a variety of staff members are best suited, especially since when submitting a request you can designate those that need to be involved and what specific needs you have from facility to technology.