https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/1L/5F/I8UHM56VV72R.JPEGEvolve your PayrollEvolution is being used across the whole company, which is a small company (less than 30 employees) to handle our payroll. This addresses the need for a payroll processor to keep track of all the associated taxes and physically cut the payroll checks each week and provide us with reports for journal entries weekly, monthly and quarterly.,It keeps track of 401K deferrals. It keeps track of our payroll taxes. It handles a variety of payroll types (Hourly, Salary, Weekly, Semi-Monthly and Monthly). Keeps track of SUTA and FUTA rates.,One problem it has is if you try to cut multiple checks for a person (sometimes) it creates an error which requires assistance from the processor to get it straightened out. You need to pay close attention when reviewing prior to submitting. Sometimes if you think you saved something it might not have saved it and if you don't catch it before you submit, it requires assistance to get corrected up to and including voiding a check and re-issuing. In my opinion, it's somewhat expensive. I have been looking at other providers who would use a different system, and they seem to be significantly cheaper. That may not be a direct correlation to the software but to the provider. I don't know if it is capable of allowing a user to create new reports, but if it doesn't, that would be something to consider as a missing functionality. I haven't found an area that allows for tracking pay increases. We simply overwrite a persons rate of pay when we give a raise, so there is no tracking of the date a raise was given or a comparison showing what they made prior to or when the last raise was given. (That I am aware of).,7,Considering this company was processing payroll manually and keeping track of all of the items in handwritten ledgers prior to using this software, I would think the impact has been substantially beneficial, just in time and effort savings. The company bought into this service about 20 years prior to my joining them. So, I don't know when they accomplished ROI. My company didn't purchase the software, they use it because the payroll processor uses it as their payroll system. So, there is not traditional ROI, as they never purchased the software.,,Microsoft Office 2016, Bluebeam Revu, Epicor Eclipse,1,,Payroll Taxes 401K Deductions Payroll Deductions/Garnishments,4
Evolution Payroll

Evolution Payroll Reviews

Evolution Payroll
Filter 1 vetted Evolution Payroll reviews and ratings
Erik Hall profile photo
December 06, 2018

Evolution Payroll Review: "Evolve your Payroll"

• It keeps track of 401K deferrals.
  • It keeps track of our payroll taxes.
  • It handles a variety of payroll types (Hourly, Salary, Weekly, Semi-Monthly and Monthly).
  • Keeps track of SUTA and FUTA rates.
  • One problem it has is if you try to cut multiple checks for a person (sometimes) it creates an error which requires assistance from the processor to get it straightened out.
  • You need to pay close attention when reviewing prior to submitting. Sometimes if you think you saved something it might not have saved it and if you don't catch it before you submit, it requires assistance to get corrected up to and including voiding a check and re-issuing.
  • In my opinion, it's somewhat expensive. I have been looking at other providers who would use a different system, and they seem to be significantly cheaper. That may not be a direct correlation to the software but to the provider.
  • I don't know if it is capable of allowing a user to create new reports, but if it doesn't, that would be something to consider as a missing functionality.
  • I haven't found an area that allows for tracking pay increases. We simply overwrite a persons rate of pay when we give a raise, so there is no tracking of the date a raise was given or a comparison showing what they made prior to or when the last raise was given. (That I am aware of).
We have a small company with very simple needs. This software meets those needs, but it looks like it is capable of doing so much more than what we use it for. I typically use only a few screens and a few reports. It is very well suited for our needs, but I don't know the full functionality of the system due to our limited needs.
Read Erik Hall's full review

Pay calculation (1)
Direct deposit files (1)
Salary revision and increment management (1)

About Evolution Payroll

Evolution Payroll is an online payroll platform from GTM Payroll Services. It is designed to be secure and scalable, while making data access easy and user-friendly. Evolution Payroll can incorporate data from retail POS systems, time and attendance systems, and spreadsheet-based payroll systems, and pass data to accounting systems as well as the GTM employee self-service portal.