Evolution Payroll Reviews

Erik Hall | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 06, 2018

Evolve your Payroll

Evolution is being used across the whole company, which is a small company (less than 30 employees) to handle our payroll. This addresses the need for a payroll processor to keep track of all the associated taxes and physically cut the payroll checks each week and provide us with reports for journal entries weekly, monthly and quarterly.
  • It keeps track of 401K deferrals.
  • It keeps track of our payroll taxes.
  • It handles a variety of payroll types (Hourly, Salary, Weekly, Semi-Monthly and Monthly).
  • Keeps track of SUTA and FUTA rates.
  • One problem it has is if you try to cut multiple checks for a person (sometimes) it creates an error which requires assistance from the processor to get it straightened out.
  • You need to pay close attention when reviewing prior to submitting. Sometimes if you think you saved something it might not have saved it and if you don't catch it before you submit, it requires assistance to get corrected up to and including voiding a check and re-issuing.
  • In my opinion, it's somewhat expensive. I have been looking at other providers who would use a different system, and they seem to be significantly cheaper. That may not be a direct correlation to the software but to the provider.
  • I don't know if it is capable of allowing a user to create new reports, but if it doesn't, that would be something to consider as a missing functionality.
  • I haven't found an area that allows for tracking pay increases. We simply overwrite a persons rate of pay when we give a raise, so there is no tracking of the date a raise was given or a comparison showing what they made prior to or when the last raise was given. (That I am aware of).
We have a small company with very simple needs. This software meets those needs, but it looks like it is capable of doing so much more than what we use it for. I typically use only a few screens and a few reports. It is very well suited for our needs, but I don't know the full functionality of the system due to our limited needs.
Read Erik Hall's full review

Pay calculation (1)
Direct deposit files (1)
Salary revision and increment management (1)

About Evolution Payroll

Evolution Payroll is an online payroll platform from GTM Payroll Services. It is designed to be secure and scalable, while making data access easy and user-friendly. Evolution Payroll can incorporate data from retail POS systems, time and attendance systems, and spreadsheet-based payroll systems, and pass data to accounting systems as well as the GTM employee self-service portal.