Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
The vendor states Power
Systems™ are built for the most demanding, data-intensive, computing on earth. IBMinfrastructure servers are designed to manage the most data-intensive workloads imaginable, while keeping the business protected.
IBM offers the POWER9 series of servers, available in scale-out or scale-up variants.
The vendor promises the following benefits and differentiators:
Delivered with security
Systems™ have security built in at all layers, from the processor to
the OS to deliver an integrated end-to-end security solution
Power Systems™ easily integrate into your organization’s private or hybrid cloud strategy to handle flexible consumption models and changing customer needs.
No. 1 in reliability by ITIC
Ranked No. 1 in every major reliability category by ITIC*, IBM Power Systems deliver the most reliable on-premises infrastructure to meet around-the-clock customer demands.
Industry-leading value and performance
With Power Systems, clients can take advantage of superior core performance and memory bandwidth to deliver both performance and price-performance advantages.
- Supported: Gain insights faster from your data with up to 4TB memory
- Supported: Live partition mobility capabilities help you migrate from previous Power Systems
- Supported: Designed for security, reliability and performance to face current and future security threats
- Supported: Save on licensing cost with the strongest per core performance in the industry
- Supported: Delivers superior price performance for mission critical workloads
- Dell PowerEdge R740
- HPE ProLiant DL380
- Supermicro Superserver 6029P-TR
|Operating Systems||Linux, AIX, IBM i|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Fast computing
- Hybrid storage
- fast IOs
- Integration with Cloud.
- More RAM can be provided.
- Compatibility with 3rd party devices.
- This system is very powerful and innovated with In built memory subsystem[.]
- This product is central of our project due to high performance[.]
- Reliable, Stable and scalability of resources[.]
- Data Migration
- System Cost factor
- Training are needs for initial [implementation.]
- Not Enough PCI slots[.]
- Not well designed for small company [structure.]
- relatively cheaper
- online community presence
- needs intensive training
- GPU compatibility
- 4 TB Inbuilt Memory which provide high system performance
- High Security
- Stability, scalability and High availability
- IBM Power System S924 has strong processing power
- No upgrade path for S924 system by IBM
- Documents part need to be improve
- Not enough PCI slot
- Large memory provides for system performance.
- It's stable.
- It's easy to use and it's cheap.
- Additional PCI ports are needed.
- It needs a lot of training to be able to use it.
- The additional costs should be reduced for it to be affordable.
- [IBM Power System S924] is secure. No data leaks have happened when we used it.
- It is easy to scale.
- IBM rolls regular updates to the hardware.
- Cloud computing is easy thanks to IBM cloud and power system API.
- Deployment is hard and quite confusing to do.
- User interface is not good.
- IBM Power System S924 is definitely a great software that has been showing remarkable performance from the time we have been using it in our organization.
- IBM Power System S924 is used to keep a check on product development and inventory as well.
- IBM Power System S924 has a strong processing power due to which is ideal for my business.
- IBM Power System S924 keeps everything fluid and fast due to which we are really satisfied with it.
- One of the cons of IBM Power System S924 is that I think support from IBM Power System S924 is pretty mediocre and has a lot of room for improvement.
- Moreover, IBM Power System S924 includes no upgrade paths which I feel is a great con as a user to come across.
- IBM Power System S924 is mainly used for different and various types of billing account applications all across our organization.
- IBM Power System S924 is a smart rack server because it saves so much energy.
- Moreover, IBM Power System S924 is a great software solution because it brings so much scalability which is not there in many other options available.
- I think IBM Power System S924 needs to focus a lot more on their documentation and manuals because as of now IBM Power System S924 is a little complicated and a complex interface to work on.
- IBM Power System S924 is I think a little tricky as well due to which sometimes users need to undergo a certain level of training in order to get a hold of all the features.
- IBM Power System LC922 has the quality of integrating really well with different types of our application and makes it easier to find different savings.
- IBM Power System LC922 has been providing services that allow us to handle information and store capacity of a large size.
- It has very easy integration. Moreover, there is fast processing happening with IBM Power System LC922 of data workloads that are very large in size.
- The cons of IBM Power System LC922 are that the hardware is a little too modern so it gets a bit complicated to use at the beginner level which is a little turnoff as a user.
- Moreover, costing is also a bit of a concern. There should be a little more stability within the network because information when traveling too fast also becomes a con.
- virtualisation on power
- flexibility with implementation
- uptime and redundant hardware
- bring back the clear writing of ports on the back of the system - really hard to read
- hard to work on rear io ports
- Powerful and innovated memory subsystems, which increases performance.
- IBM Power System S924 has been connected with cognitive capacity.
- IBM Power System S924 has the unique and strong POWER9, enhancing the processing ability.
- The hardware demands or requirements for IBM Power System S924 to work are hefty.
- The work-ability and simplicity of IBM Power System S924 is a challenge.
- The inflexibility of the features from the app is a challenge.
- It has a special place in our organization due to its outstanding and spectacular qualities.
- IBM Power System S924 is a great software that has been showing highly robust performance.
- Apart from that the data can be easily migrated which is again a great advantage.
- IBM Power System S924 offers guaranteed stability and safety which increases the user confidence in the reliability of this software.
- IBM Power System S924 has no upgrade paths which is a turn-off for me as a user. Moreover, there are no memory activation options in IBM Power System S924 which is again quite a stretch for me.
- There are not many PCI slots in the case you need an adapter which is another con that I have witnessed.
- Impressive Computing
- Performance Monitoring at LPAR level
- Faster Deployment
- GUI can be enhanced.
- LPAR level some snapshot kind options can be made.
- Device level Cluster part can be enhanced
- Efficient and Speedy data migration.
- Guaranteed safety and stability.
- High inbuilt memory of 4TB, quite effective.
- Set fair and reasonable prices.
- Change the design, to support at least more sockets instead of 1 or 2.
- The admin back end is poorly designed.
- Speed comes at a great cost
- Difficult to find support outside of IBM
- IBM Power System S924 operating system is very dated
- Data transmission
- Size of the component
- Seem less virtualisation
- runs different work loads
- very reliable
- the system is very loud
- mounting hardware seems week
- uses lots of power
- Improve management console
- compatibility with 3rd party storage providers
- Power management
- High System Performance to mange the heavy workload
- It provides the highly security feature
- Training is needed to manage [the] Initial configuration
- Very Costly
- Core business infrastructure
- Hypervisor of all core machines (IBMi & AIX)
- Cluster mode for all our LPARs
- KSYS solution is not fully automated
- every time that we upgrade HMC, we have to double-check for KSYS compatibility
- KSYS logs creation is still a problem, not fixed yet.
- NPIV providing virtual FC to lpars.
- 8 parallel processing CPUs is like a monster.
- Very low latency.
- Once you power on the machine, you will never power it off it again, very stable.
- When one of the CPU electric providers is broken, the whole machine stops. There are 2 CPUs that shouldn't affect the whole machine. Not sure if it is possible but would be good.
- Better performance with HMC, especially on network configuration.
- Having its own management console or SSH console. So managing without HMC.
- Multi hilos
- Data Acceleration
- Marketing Strategy for the product is weak.
- It is costly.
- IBM Power System IC922 has a very high speed plus it also has high availability which means customers can have access to their data easily without any downtime.
- We have been using IBM Power System IC922 in some of our scenarios where developers needed good software.
- IBM Power System IC922 beautifully highlights and signifies the main business issue of having to hire more people as my company is still on the way to growth.
- Technical team is corporative.
- IBM Power System IC922 is a great platform but its initial setup that we had to do was not less than any pain due to it being extremely time-consuming and tricky.
- It was definitely a struggle to do the whole setup in the start.
- Resource Sharing
- The Documentation is not good enough. It should be more interactive and insightful.