August 29, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
PowerHA is currently used by the IBM Power Infrastructure Support group for high-availability clustering and to replicate our user profiles to our DR infrastructure. Is also use for asynchronous geographic mirroring and space-efficient FlashCopy where we perform our backups.
- Asynchronous geographic mirroring extends the host-based replication to our DR environment.
- FlashCopy provide us with a point in time snapshot of our Production environment from which we can run our daily backups without downtime.
- Since PowerHA runs at the kernel level it allows the system to send a message from the primary system to the backup or secondary system when the node has crashed.
- IBM Sybase replication has been an issue for those who don't [use] MIMIX on their systems to keep the Sybase up to date.
- The graphical interface really needs an update.
- Technical support isn't as responsive as it should be.
Read Angel Velez's full review
If you have an environment where you have to replicate your Sybase I would recommend an implementation that includes MIMIX for PowerHA as part of the entire environment, but if you have a Sybase that never changes and you run all your applications on an iASP the IBM PowerHA SystemMirror is the solution for your business.