Overall Satisfaction with IBM PowerHA SystemMirror
In our project, we are using IBM PowerHA SystemMirror to make our DB2 database highly available. We can't afford any downtime during production hours.
- High performance during peak business hours
- No downtime during critical business operations
- Easy updates
- It would be great if we could configure it on Linux servers
- CPU core dependency
- Online resource change, like Volume Group
- Database monitoring configuration in cluster
- Cluster FS size can be easily extended
- Auto-cluster snapshot, which takes regular backup of cluster configuration
- There will is no single point of failure in PowerHA SystemMirror
- High performance in PowerHA SystemMirror
- TL upgrades are easy without any impact
Do you think IBM PowerHA SystemMirror delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with IBM PowerHA SystemMirror's feature set?
Did IBM PowerHA SystemMirror live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of IBM PowerHA SystemMirror go as expected?
Would you buy IBM PowerHA SystemMirror again?
When we were planning for our underneath OS migration from AIX 7.1 TL05 SP02 to AIX 7.2 TL02SP03 we moved the active database to another node. After failover, we rebooted the primary node and successfully upgraded the OS on the node. Once we perform the basic health check then we will fall back on the primary node in scheduled maintenance.