Read all reviews
We moved to their cloud-based platform to move away from an appliance and support our student devices both in school and at home. It …
The Lightspeed filter is being used across our entire district for web filtering. We use it to separately control filtering for staff and …
We use lightspeed across our entire district for 100% filtering. It allows us to be CIPA compliant along with maintaining a good security …
Lightspeed is used on all devices at our organization. We use it mainly for filtering and tracking internet usage. Web filtering is …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Lightspeed Filter, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttp://www.lightspeedsystems.com/relay/…
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
3 people want pricing too
Lightspeed Filter (formerly Relay), from Lightspeed Systems in Austin, offers insights to help understand and maximize the use of 1:1 classroom devices, keep users safe and increase the educational return on technology investments. Lightspeed Systems aims to help users make decisions to enhance technology use, report up administrators, present to your board, reassure concerned parents, empower teachers, and direct students on appropriate use. According to the vendor, Lightspeed Filter powers learning on any device, on any OS, and takes minutes to get started.
- Supported: AI safety threat management
- Supported: AI YouTube management
- Supported: Lost/stolen device geolocation
- Supported: Fast cloud setup
- Supported: Integration with G-Suite, O365, Active Directory, SIS
- Supported: Automatic updates
- Supported: Free training, documentation and support
- Supported: Anytime, anywhere filtering
- Supported: AI-driven educational database
- Supported: Local allow/block lists
- Supported: Search and social media controls
- Supported: Flexible settings per group.OU
- Supported: User-based overrides
- Supported: Custom block page
- Supported: After School Rules for simple off-campus filter policies
- Supported: Filter bypass controls
- Supported: Lockout controls
- Supported: Easily allow access to more than 100 mill YouTube videos
- Supported: Blocks inappropriate YouTube videos/thumbnails
- Supported: Full reporting on YouTube activity
- Supported: Easily allow teacher/school channels
- Supported: Real-time data dashboard
- Supported: User-level activity reporting
- Supported: Search, YouTube and Google reporting
- Supported: Reports of flagged activity
- Supported: Automated parent reports
- Supported: Report sharing through secure links
- Supported: Custom flagged-terms list
- Supported: Custom activity danger-rating scale
- Supported: Unsafe activity alerts (daily, weekly, immediately)
- Supported: Flagged site controls
- Supported: Audit log
- Supported: Optional advanced user/group settings
- Supported: Lightspeed Systems Classroom (classroom management) included at no cost
- Supported: Optional integration with Lightspeed Systems Mobile Manager (MDM)
- Lightspeed Systems Classroom
- Lightspeed Systems Mobile Manager
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We moved to their cloud-based platform to move away from an appliance and support our student devices both in school and at home. It provides additional safety features which have prevented some student harm from occurring as well. We have found that moving to Relay has reduced our overall budget for filtering by purchasing at the time of acquisition for the life of the device. There is no longer a need for a separate agent to allow for off-premise filtering. We do still use their appliance-based filter for guest traffic internally.
- Student safety
- Offsite filtering
- Ease of management and reporting
- Expanded reporting capability
- More granular data
Perfect fit for all educational settings. Provides a super simple setup and for Chromebooks, it has been a lifesaver. Having one pane of glass to manage all aspects of student online activity in addition to providing a safety monitoring solution built in to alert us of any bullying, self-harm, inappropriate behavior is something other vendors charge an additional cost for.
The Lightspeed filter is being used across our entire district for web filtering. We use it to separately control filtering for staff and students on both our wired and wireless networks. It handles filtering out unwanted sites and content. It also includes a free safety check filter that alerts us of site and searches identifying self-harm and violence.
- Filters out content that we do not want students or staff accessing.
- It allows us to filter by OU, so we can create different levels of filtering for staff and students.
- Includes a virtual appliance that we can use to filter guest devices and iPads on our wireless network.
- It sometimes takes longer than expected for new filtering rules to apply.
- Sometimes a site is blocked due to sub-sites or links, but it does not easily identify the source of the block if it is buried in the site.
- They have several reports included, but it would be nice to create custom reports.
I would highly recommend Lightspeed for web and content filtering on a network. It definitely does a better job avoiding false positives than our previous filter. The interface is fairly straightforward and easy to navigate. The included Safety Check notifications for self-harm and violence provide a good summary and the notifications link back to the browsing history to provide context.
We use lightspeed across our entire district for 100% filtering. It allows us to be CIPA compliant along with maintaining a good security standpoint for malicious websites. It solved the issue of off-network filtering which was a big need for us with remote learning.
- Easy to deploy
- Easy to manage
- Support is excellent
- Minor feature needs in the dashboard. I have made recommendations.
- Issues are very minor.
Lightspeed solved several pain points for us when it comes to K12 Content Filtering. We needed an easy-to-manage platform that offered easy reporting, as well as off-site filtering. We need a cloud solution with minimal equipment for our data center. We needed reliable support. All of these goals were accomplished with lightspeed. We are very happy with this product.
Lightspeed is used on all devices at our organization. We use it mainly for filtering and tracking internet usage. Web filtering is required for K-12 schools to allow additional funding through Erate services. Internet safety for students is a #1 priority for out school. This helps protect students on and off site no matter where they are using the internet on our school devices.
- Traffic Logging
- Filtering by groups
- MAC OSX Client Compatibility and reliability.
- Windows Client Compatibility and reliability.
- Contract and Terms
Lightspeed web filtering using the Chromebook Relay agent is amazing and does a great job for a cloud filtering solution. The reports that are available are great and can be customized and retains data for 90 days. Reports are easily shared with staff and/or parents for transparency and disciplinary reasons. The agent for Lightspeed (Relay) does not work well with OSX and works okay in Windows, but doesn't allow you to access local IP addresses in the web browser. There needs to be a way to bypass filtering for local network access. This can make it unusable in some cases.