Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
We use Microsoft APP-V to simplify our software deployment to over 7500 systems across 120 sites. It is integral to our operating system …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Microsoft App-V, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
4 people want pricing too
Microsoft App-V supports the virtualization of applications, making them available to end users without an installation.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
I preferred the Microsoft Virtualization program since it was simple to use and performed well on our PC. Everyone in our company uses Microsoft Teams. Using it is an excellent advantage! While running many other apps consuming a noteworthy amount of memory, I had no issues with this application. It has made it simpler for us to communicate with our coworkers without sending lengthy emails or making phone conversations. There is no need to set up an online meeting like Zoom or GoToMeeting for an easy call or team meeting with video calling. It is a modest tool for installing and has a unique interface that allows us to monitor and follow up on application accesses. Microsoft Teams enable us to connect with individuals all around the world from a specific platform. There is a free trial and a candid deployment process.
- It's incredibly customizable, integrates with Microsoft 365, and allows you to screen share with colleagues without even phoning them!
- Call quality is excellent, and the user interface is basic and intuitive enough that there is no need for any training.
- The user interface (UI) is quite professional, and it makes it simple to identify and operate the many features. And we record all of our meetings using Microsoft Teams as well.
- In my opinion, it's an excellent file-sharing application, and the ability to change the theme to dark is a personal preference.
- Microsoft Teams does not offer an electronic hand rising feature, nor does it include news.
- Screen mirroring is not available in Microsoft Teams, and it consumes a significant amount of storage space.
- The remote control features are inefficient, and it could use a little more integration with other software.
Using Microsoft Teams for small or large meetings is a great way to communicate and collaborate. Microsoft Application Virtualization is a terrific tool for presenting and sharing information, and its storage capacity is also excellent. Installing and centrally administering specialized apps to control who has access to it is one of the features I value most about this software. It also provides a separate UI for tracking the app's accesses. This program is not suitable for freelancers or clients that operate alone.
We use Microsoft APP-V to simplify our software deployment to over 7500 systems across 120 sites. It is integral to our operating system and software deployment, as we have over 175 pieces of software the need to be put on both staff and student machines. Prior to implementing APP-V our golden image needed to manage those 175 pieces of software and we found that software updating regularly meant that our image went out of date quickly.
- Install Software based on AD group assignment
- Safely and quickly uninstall from devices
- Updating is a bit more difficult but manageable.
- Complicated software installs of interacting software needs significant care
- Updating software requires a pristine virtual machine to update a packager
- No longer being updated so new software practices aren't correctly captured.
For large organizations that need software to update at the control of the IT department APP-V is a godsend to manage deployment based on AD group assignment, maintaining software versioning for specific services or upgrades, and areas where you need to make software available without having to install the entire package - the streaming portion of APP-v publishes a shortcut on the desktop, then streams the install on demand.
APP-V is no longer a supported technology and is on the way out, only on legacy support at this time. The changes in security emphasis in windows, as well as the changes in software development have meant that APP-V is no longer able to correctly package software. It has been superseded by the MSIX format and distribution via the Microsoft Store for Business.