Norton Internet Security, now from Symantec, is antivirus and endpoint protection software.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/lu/dl/NZW6D019HKQN.pngCybersecurity for the EndpointsThere was a time when having Apple products made one a lower risk cyber target. Nowadays, everything and everyone's a cyber target. And the level of sophistication of cyber attacks keeps growing, seemingly undeterred. However, phishing attacks are still the #1 cause of a cybersecurity breach, which means we all need to deploy "layers." We needed to best ensure our endpoint security was covered, which means mobile. So we researched the ocean of mobile cybersecurity products.,Easy to install, automated and timely cyber updates Strong mobile cybersecurity without impacting speed Interoperability with our other layers of cybersecurity products,Easy to use without impacting speed of performance using the mobile version, but I would recommend faster updates when a new virus has been discovered.,10,Peace of mind that we've covered our mobile endpoint while preserving performance is invaluable, since we are an international and a distributed team. No negative ROI, although we would like to see a faster release of updates when a new virus occurs.,FireEye Security Suite and Lookout,Videxio Cloud Videoconferencing, SeoSamba for Wordpress Enterprise, AnimotoExcellent email and online protection at a very reasonable price.My team was switched over to Norton last year. Prior to that we had been using an alternate anti virus software. Initially, we went with a pilot batch for testing the stability and the response from the users. The feedback we got was mostly positive. My team liked that it didn't slow their system down or hamper their productivity. It also let them open email attachments and browse with a little more confidence. We often receive documents from clients or users that are sent as an attachment so email security was a high concern for us. Norton has done admirably with that. No false positives that I am aware of, and it flagged off a couple of files that were suspicious.,Fast scans that run quietly in the background without disrupting the productivity of the users. Really good at detecting phishing and other suspicious emails. Not resource intensive. Works fine on old laptops. Works well without needing input from our users who are often not tech savvy.,Interface could be a little easier to go through. Initial load time was high for some machines running on Windows 7,9,Improved Data security Lower vulnerability to phishing emails Significantly lower malware related issues reported in the usage period (compared to the previous Anti Virus we were using),Avast Business Antivirus,Calendly, MailChimp, Squarespace, Breezy HRDependable, reliable security for your PC.I used this on my laptop for work. My work involved downloading Resumes and Documents multiple times on a daily basis so of course a security software is an absolute must. The requirement was something that would check and make sure I wasn't getting infected by a malware disguised as a document that was being sent to me. Norton did this job really well. It also comes built in with a really decent firewall which was handy when I am working while travelling and connecting to public Wifi. It kept my PC clean and secure in all the time I used this.,Can do a really quick scan that doesnt take much time. Excellent malware protection. Frequent updates. Good detection rates. Simple, clean interface.,It does impact the system performance. Not by a significant margin but it is noticeable. But its not bad enough to be a deal breaker. And if you have a decently modern PC I think you probably wouldnt even notice.,9,Positive -Data security Positive -System stability,Kaspersky Endpoint Security,Golden Frog VyprVPN, Calendly, Breezy HR,5,Online protection. Email security.,None,I think it will be used the same way it has been so far.,9Protect Yourself Before You Wreck YourselfNorton Internet Security is being used by our entire organization. It addresses malicious attacks on our computers and information. It helps scan emails and prevent viruses from being downloaded. It also helps prevent any spying attacks when users browse the internet and keeps private information on our computers from being accessed.,It helps scan emails to prevent malicious attachments and keep viruses from being downloaded. It helps protect our information. It helps monitor internet activity and prevent attacks or viruses from browsing the internet. This helps keep our computers safe. It scans downloads to make sure they are safe. This way our computers are not hacked into.,We still receive a lot of spam emails. It would help if they could scan these types of emails a little better and send them straight to the trash can.,10,It has helped prevent any private company information including banking and accounting information from being obtained by hackers. This helps prevent attacks on our accounts which would cause huge issues for our company. It helps keep our computers from crashing due to viruses which would halt any operations on that computer and cause extra hours for our I.T. Department to fix.,McAfee Mobile Data Protection,BlueCherry, Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Acrobat DCSecure Service Makes all the Difference!Norton Internet Security provides our web customers with the reassurance that they are using a secure and trustworthy site. We work with customers nation wide and it can often be a challenge to create trust in situations where we can not speak with people face to face. Norton Security allows customers to feel safe in working with us.,It is a recognizable security system that helps customers feel safe while using our website. It offers continuous support on protecting against virus threats. It has an easy to use interface.,It uses a lot of RAM which can cause issues in other areas of computer use. If you chose to un-install it can be difficult to get rid of all traces of the program. The initial configuring can be challenging for the average user as the manuals are overwhelming. Better tutorials would be helpful.,9,It allows our tech staff to manage all our devices from one online account. It has allowed us to get rid of issues with malware in both detection and removal with minimal lag. It protects our customers while making their online purchases and helps them to know that we are a safe company to do business with.,,PayPal Payments, NetSuite, Google Hangouts
Norton Internet Security

Norton Internet Security Reviews

Norton Internet Security
Filter 34 vetted Norton Internet Security reviews and ratings

Jackie Bassett profile photo
January 17, 2019

Norton Internet Security Review: "Cybersecurity for the Endpoints"

• Easy to install, automated and timely cyber updates
  • Strong mobile cybersecurity without impacting speed
  • Interoperability with our other layers of cybersecurity products
  • Easy to use without impacting speed of performance using the mobile version, but I would recommend faster updates when a new virus has been discovered.
Every company needs multiple layers of cybersecurity. While we use other cybersecurity products for internal use, and by design that alone is great cybersecurity, we do prefer Norton for the mobile endpoint. It's both easy to use and doesn't impact mobile performance.

Norton was acquired long ago by Symantec, so interoperability with our other products is never a problem since it's their core business.
Read Jackie Bassett's full review
November 21, 2018

Norton Internet Security Review: "Excellent email and online protection at a very reasonable price."

• Fast scans that run quietly in the background without disrupting the productivity of the users.
  • Really good at detecting phishing and other suspicious emails.
  • Not resource intensive. Works fine on old laptops.
  • Works well without needing input from our users who are often not tech savvy.
  • Interface could be a little easier to go through.
  • Initial load time was high for some machines running on Windows 7
Really good if you have users running hardware that isn't cutting edge. Also very handy for users with limited or little tech knowledge. The pricing works well for small sized teams. If your organisation doesn't have a stand alone firewall, this one comes with one. Although it might be limited in capability compared to dedicated ones, it will suffice for most daily uses.
October 12, 2018

Norton Internet Security Review: "Dependable, reliable security for your PC."

• Can do a really quick scan that doesnt take much time.
  • Excellent malware protection.
  • Frequent updates.
  • Good detection rates.
  • Simple, clean interface.
  • It does impact the system performance. Not by a significant margin but it is noticeable. But its not bad enough to be a deal breaker. And if you have a decently modern PC I think you probably wouldnt even notice.
If you need a nice clean, no nonsense Anti Virus this one is it. The malware protection is excellent. The detection rates are solid. It scans pretty fast. The firewall is great and simple to set up and use. The browser protection is also really good. If you don't mind the (very) slight impact it can have on older systems when it comes to speed, then I can absolutely recommend it.
September 21, 2018

Norton Internet Security Review: "Protect Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself"

• It helps scan emails to prevent malicious attachments and keep viruses from being downloaded. It helps protect our information.
  • It helps monitor internet activity and prevent attacks or viruses from browsing the internet. This helps keep our computers safe.
  • It scans downloads to make sure they are safe. This way our computers are not hacked into.
  • We still receive a lot of spam emails. It would help if they could scan these types of emails a little better and send them straight to the trash can.
I believe Norton Internet Security is well suited for all computers. It helps prevent them from malicious attacks and viruses from being downloaded. Even personal computers can benefit from it because most people use their computer to access banking information and logging into accounts online. If a hacker gets your information, they can access all of your accounts.
Sasha Luse profile photo
June 01, 2018

Norton Internet Security Review: "Secure Service Makes all the Difference!"

• It is a recognizable security system that helps customers feel safe while using our website.
  • It offers continuous support on protecting against virus threats.
  • It has an easy to use interface.
  • It uses a lot of RAM which can cause issues in other areas of computer use.
  • If you chose to un-install it can be difficult to get rid of all traces of the program.
  • The initial configuring can be challenging for the average user as the manuals are overwhelming. Better tutorials would be helpful.
For our internet business, which is in process of growing into a large national presence, Norton Internet Security provides the security system that is recognizable across generations and regions as providing safe, reliable service so that a new customer can feel secure in doing business with us on our website no matter where they're located.
Read Sasha Luse's full review
Rebecca Neilson profile photo
May 21, 2018

Norton Internet Security Review: "What you wish others told your about Internet security"

We use Norton Internet Security for all desktop, laptop and tablets for our firm. It helps to give us an extra level of security and prevent users from going to a non-trusted website. Since we deal with sensitive client information while doing the bookkeeping and tax services, we look to make our office as secure as possible. For the most part I like Norton, sometimes it is almost to secure for our staff. But we want to be safe not sorry later.
  • Notifies of a non secure website.
  • Automatically scans for us
  • Allows us to customize our security features.
  • Gives the option of cloud backups
  • Very affordable with the multiple license offers, making sure all of our devices are secure.
  • Learning curve, initially took some time to learn to use. I really would prefer a step by step manual.
  • I really would prefer a step by step manual. Or video explaining all the features and how to pick and choose what we wnat.
  • Some features are so robust that we can't use them to access necessary sites, or slow our computers down to much.
I have tried other internet security services in the past. Thus far we have found that Norton Internet Security works the best. It's affordable; we have the 10 device package to protect all devices. Once we got past the learning issues it has been far better than other services offered by other companies.
Read Rebecca Neilson's full review
Susan Knolla profile photo
May 18, 2018

Norton Internet Security Review: "Great Product for Home Use"

Norton is an easy to use compatible security tool to protect your computer, personal information and content. It causes less conflict and latency issues than McAfee and has always been my go-to purchased security system and have tried many (purchased and free). Product cost is very reasonable and works well on a variety of devices/systems.
  • Works seamlessly with other products
  • does not cause issues with Microsoft, Chrome or IE
  • Does not slow down your system (like McAfee)
  • More PR and branding would be good
  • Share your product capability more broadley
Great for at home use - not sure on broad network use in a business as I have not seen this is a group setting or across and the entire organization. On personal devices, it causes significantly less issue than McAfee or Kapersky. It works well with Adobe and Microsoft products and my family uses this at home.
Read Susan Knolla's full review
dhruv gupta profile photo
June 09, 2018

Norton Internet Security Review: "Great security package"

Some users are using Norton Internet Security on their laptops. It helps in notifying and blocking harmful websites, auto-fills passwords and other site form data. Norton Internet Security is lightweight and economical for 10 devices. It sports an easy to use and clean interface. It also has become less intrusive over the recent years and Sonar Blocks any zero hour threats. Norton IS is all in all is a good product and great value for money. The support team is also good and Norton offers chat option which is a great advantage.
  • Identity safe- One of the best I have seen till now. Simple to use and feature rich.
  • Robust firewall- One of the best and strongest Firewalls.
  • Lightweight
  • Good Account Management features.
  • Little or no learning curve involved. The user interface is easy to navigate.
  • Sonar is very good and has improved to a great extent in the recent 2-4 years but can be improved a bit more for enhanced detection.
  • Frequent Firefox and identity safe incompatibility issues
  • Very infrequently it detects valid programs like PowerIso as suspicious and doesn't let the user run them. The user can install these programs by disabling auto protect. But these cases are almost like non-existent or negligible.
Is is appropriate for small-mid sized organisations. For bigger organisations, Symantec endpoint protection is more well suited.
Read dhruv gupta's full review
March 30, 2018

Norton Internet Security Review: "Great endpoint protection suite, but not for enterprise..."

Symantec Norton Security Premium was used across a sister company that I was supporting. That product was used to protect all the company endpoints. I was inheriting that product from previous IT team.
  • Very good product for an end user and IT users. Easy to deploy, configure and use.
  • Great GUI interface - easy for understanding
  • Online backup storage and ability to manage your passwords
  • Licensing
  • During my experience with that product (mid-size company) - SNSP is SOHO product.
  • No central management mechanism to my knowledge
I would recommend that product to my friend and colleagues who support small companies but will not recommend for mid and larger size companies. I think Symantec has better solutions for them.
December 27, 2017

"Norton Internet Security Review"

Norton Internet Security is used as the centralized antivirus and security suite at a couple of our client sites. The centralized console makes it easy to manage the endpoints and meets most security and compliance requirements that those clients have. Since it has a management console it is easy to check the status of all devices as well as make setting changes in one single location, versus needing to touch all of the devices.
  • Central console
  • Easy deployment
  • Reasonably priced per device
  • Uses more resources than other similar products
  • Can create problems with backup systems if not configured properly
  • Admin console is buggy at times
  • Limited reporting capabilities
For a stand-alone business this should do the trick, but if using across multiple clients (multi-tenancy not an option). Default settings within the program will cause performance issues if not tweaked, meaning someone with networking experience may be necessary. Not ideal for MSP's unless they only have a few clients, as the manageability must be done within "the walls" of each company.
Bruce Emmerling profile photo
April 18, 2017

Norton Internet Security Review: "A security suite that offers plenty of power under the hood"

Norton Internet Security is used as a front-line security platform for a number of mobile laptops. The program's ease of use and integrated interface allows easier management from remote locations than other security programs. With the program's easy licensing for multiple PCs and laptops, it can be easily installed across different PC platforms including some smartphones. For the most part, it functions as an easy to use mobile security solution.
  • Norton Internet Security has some great mobile security features that help novice users avoid security risks.
  • The software includes a highly effective firewall system that can help keep out intruders.
  • Limited performance loss when using the software.
  • Limited mobile iPhone compatibility.
  • Firewall can be difficult to disable.
  • Depending on product level, there may be a limited number of licenses available.
The software does really well in terms of performance and works hard to avoid hogging any system resources. For any user that needs all the performance available, Norton Internet Security does a great job of hiding in the background. The software works well while conducting such tasks as editing photographs and creating videos. The lower performance drag also means it can run better on lower end laptops.

When trying out new software or adding new programs, the firewall application can be difficult to use at times. It uses a behavior-based system of allowing applications to the system. Sometimes there are programs mistakenly seen as threats that are disabled or cut off from a network. Manually tweaking the firewall can be difficult at times.
Read Bruce Emmerling's full review
Marc Uydess profile photo
February 05, 2016

Norton Internet Security Review: "All Around Protection with Norton 360"

We do not utilize the program within the company but we do recommend it for home use. We recommend it to our end users who are looking or are in need of protection on their personal devices. It helps close a security gap when users are connecting remotely from their personal devices to ensure they are safe and secure and ensuring they are not putting the company at risk with their personal device.
  • It provides top of the line protection for most devices; except iOS.
  • It does not affect performance of the computer if configured properly.
  • It is an all in one security product that is easy to manage.
  • Support for iOS.
  • Centrally manage multiple devices a bit better. The site does not always work well when updating the serial number when renewing annually.
  • Centralized reporting for detections/activity of devices registered to an account.
It is less appropriate if you are a large business with many nodes. If this is the case then Symantec Endpoint Protection would be better for the environment. It is well suited for small or home offices of 10-20 devices or less with no true IT department to manage it.
Read Marc Uydess's full review