OmniGraffle is a wireframing tool for Mac users.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/r4/wN/AHMUF71TJFLU.pngOmniGraffle — The sweet spot for diagramming and visual tech communicationsWe're a full strategy/design/development shop, and our team is heavily tilted towards Macs. Although the design team has shifted to production-focused tools like Sketch for most of their early stage deliverables, the Strategy team makes heavy use of Omnigraffle for wireframing, roughing out and documenting content models and site maps, etc. On the development site, most of our architects have settled on Omnigraffle for technical diagramming as well — it's not the 800lb Visio gorilla, but it does everything we need it to.,For us, mapping and content model documentation are Omnigraffle's sweet spot. It has enough presentation/styling control to ensure a clean, consistent look that's compatible with the rest of our corporate branding, but lets us focus on the core challenge of communicating complicated relationships and processes to stakeholders. For wireframing, a few specific features make OmniGraffle particularly useful. Its "sketch" line and fill styles make it easy to throw together some boxes-and-lines mockups that convey basic layout and priority decisions about a new design without implying a particular stylistic treatment. For higher fidelity mockups, it supports a large library of free and commercial UI shapes for OSX, IOS, Android, Windows, Bootstrap, and generic Web sites. Building out a set of shapes/components for quick wireframing and sharing them across an organization is easy, too.,Although the large library of reusable "shapes" makes it possible to build stuff like entity-relationship diagrams, flowcharts, and UML diagrams, it lacks Visio's ability to alter a shape's appearance/behavior by adding metadata to the shape itself. (I.E., changing color when a shape has a particular tag added to it). It is possible to add metadata to shapes, and OmniGraffle's advanced scripting support makes it possible to make custom plugins that automate color/style changes, but baking data-driven features right into the app would be a welcome addition. Import/Export has improved dramatically over the past several versions, but export in formats like SVG and DXF is still a little too fussy to use for precise CAD work. If you need to spit out PDFs, PNGs, and occasionally import/export simple Visio files, it's fine. Although OmniGraffle has a solid iPad version, exchanging files between the desktop and iOS versions requires "OmniSync," a passable but clunky file-sharing solution that's specific to Omni* products. I understand that Apple makes it difficult for non-App-Store products to use iCloud effectively, but it's still disappointing.,9,Standardizing on Omnigraffle for our internal diagramming (and at least some of our client deliverables) has made it possible for consultants and technical architects to produce high-quality support materials even when designers don't have time to produce "final" versions.,Microsoft Visio and draw.io,Dropbox Business, Slack, PhpStormEasy way to outline concepts you need to communicate to othersI use OmniGraffle to map out ideas and concepts that require a flexible, large format medium for organizing content. For example, if I'm currently using OmniGraffle to map out a messaging framework for internal use. It helps me easily link ideas together and create hierarchies, which would be difficult using a presentation tool like PowerPoint or keynote. If you need a way of getting abstract ideas on paper and exploring relationships among them, OmniFocus is a great tool for that.,Mind mapping. You can easily link ideas together and OmniFocus can automatically arrange them in a presentable format. Wireframing. If you're working on simple design concepts, it's a great way to show ideas to designers. Outlining process flows. If you're outlining a process, such as marketing automation, it's perfect.,No support for team collaboration. I would really like to see a way to share files to iCloud so that others can access and edit. Better print settings. If you're trying to print a document across many pages, it's not easy to make this happen. No ability to pre-configure settings. For example, I have to manually change the unit of measure from "inches" to "pixels" when I create a new document, would like the ability to change that fundamentally.,9,Helps speed up the process for communicating concepts. Allows me to think through ideas more thoroughly. Great for expediting idea exchanges with design teams.,OmniFocus, Balsamiq, EvernoteTHE diagramming software tool for OS XI use OmniGraffle the same way that others use Micrfosoft Visio, primarily for technical diagrams for my documentation. In my particular case, I am the only person using it, and that is because I came into this position as a user of Apple products for years and continue to use it at home. This department uses all Windows notebooks for Windows server support. The bad news for me is that there isn't a version that runs on a PC, so if I'm working on a drawing in Visio at the office and want to take it home and work on it, I can import it into Visio, but complex arcs don't import cleanly due to its algorithms for computing sine and co-sine values during the import.,OmniGraffle is fairly simple to use, but the one thing I think it does best is working with curved lines, particularly if you are using some of the available arc templates. Drop an arc onto your page, then tell it the dimensions it needs to be, and viola! Done. Manipulating the arcs is as simple as clicking and dragging offset points. OmniGraffle has also done an excellent job in stirring up the creative minds of many people who create templates and tools to work with OmniGraffle (not that Microsoft hasn't done so either), and managed to get the bulk of those into well organized repositories. What it all boils down to for me is: it just works. One doesn't need to have a computer science degree to work with it either. It is as simple or complex as you want it to be.,The ability to import Visio drawings is important to a lot of people. However, if one is importing a Visio drawing that has a complex arcs in it, they are not going to import properly. You end up with a drawing in OmniGraffle that doesn't look like it does in Visio - the arc lines are all off. If one has a very complex diagram that needs to fit on one page but extends close to the margins, you could end up getting a little frustrated because the program keeps wanting to drag another page into the fray. It may be something very simple to do, but I haven't yet found out how to specify exact page sizes for my drawings. If I just take the default, I'll get an 8/5" x 11" portrait page and have to focus on ensuring everything fits right. On the other hand, if I create a large page to start with because I know it isn't all going to fit on one letter-size page, resizing the page when I'm done is not a pretty picture.,9,ROI really hasn't come into the picture for me. I purchased OmniGraffle Pro for my own use at home, and to a limited degree import work files from Visio. When it comes to my personal use at home, OmniGraffle has paid for itself many times over with the diagrams I have made for charting path-of-travel for Motorcycle Safety Foundation riding exercises. It has subjectively enriched my documentation of subjects important to me.,Microsoft Visio,ServiceNow, BeyondCompare, Snagit, Adobe Acrobat DCOmniGraffle is simply the best choice for modelling on the MacOmniGraffle is rapidly becoming the modeling tool of choice for the organisation; we are seeing broadening adoption of the product across the whole organisation. We were looking for a Mac-compatible modeling tool - similar to Visio for the PC - and OmniGraffle was by far the best choice on the market.,Ease of use and time to adopt software Multi-device support Scripting capability High-end modelling product,More templates stencils and samples Data integration,10,Low-cost of adoption means every consultant has their own copy Migration from Windows/Visio to OmniGraffle has been seamless Support for iOS is a real bonus,Visio, Lucidchart and SmartDraw,Teamwork Projects, OmniFocus, OneNote, MindManager,5,1,Process Mapping Solution Architecture Wireframing,10Omnigraffle is a good, if limited, toolWe use Omnigraffle for some basic early wire framing of applications and for creation of workflow diagrams. It's stencil libraries enable quick creation of diagrams and documents since you're not having to draw everything from scratch.,Creating diagrams and workflows Creating Static Wire frame drawings Creating Specification documentation for an application,There is no capability for creating prototype or interactions, I've starting moving away from using Omnigraffle for wire frames for this reason as there are other tools that accomplish this while enabling interactive features. It is difficult to create charts Stability isn't where I'd like it to be. Although I don't ever lose much work due to how MacOS autosaves regularly, I do see crashes and weird glitches more often than I do when using my other productivity tools.,7,Omnigraffle isn't an expensive software tool, so there isn't really any negative from the perspective of raw cost. Thinking in terms of time spent using it on a project - what you create in omnigraffle will inevitably lead to a dead end. It's useful only as documentation. There are other tools like Sketch that integrate into prototyping software and can create useable visual assets for applications in addition to being able to create wireframes.,Sketch,Adobe Photoshop, Proto.io, UXPin
OmniGraffle

OmniGraffle Reviews

OmniGraffle
Filter 35 vetted OmniGraffle reviews and ratings

Jeff Eaton profile photo
March 14, 2019

Review: "OmniGraffle — The sweet spot for diagramming and visual tech communications"

• For us, mapping and content model documentation are Omnigraffle's sweet spot. It has enough presentation/styling control to ensure a clean, consistent look that's compatible with the rest of our corporate branding, but lets us focus on the core challenge of communicating complicated relationships and processes to stakeholders.
  • For wireframing, a few specific features make OmniGraffle particularly useful. Its "sketch" line and fill styles make it easy to throw together some boxes-and-lines mockups that convey basic layout and priority decisions about a new design without implying a particular stylistic treatment. For higher fidelity mockups, it supports a large library of free and commercial UI shapes for OSX, IOS, Android, Windows, Bootstrap, and generic Web sites. Building out a set of shapes/components for quick wireframing and sharing them across an organization is easy, too.
  • Although the large library of reusable "shapes" makes it possible to build stuff like entity-relationship diagrams, flowcharts, and UML diagrams, it lacks Visio's ability to alter a shape's appearance/behavior by adding metadata to the shape itself. (I.E., changing color when a shape has a particular tag added to it). It is possible to add metadata to shapes, and OmniGraffle's advanced scripting support makes it possible to make custom plugins that automate color/style changes, but baking data-driven features right into the app would be a welcome addition.
  • Import/Export has improved dramatically over the past several versions, but export in formats like SVG and DXF is still a little too fussy to use for precise CAD work. If you need to spit out PDFs, PNGs, and occasionally import/export simple Visio files, it's fine.
  • Although OmniGraffle has a solid iPad version, exchanging files between the desktop and iOS versions requires "OmniSync," a passable but clunky file-sharing solution that's specific to Omni* products. I understand that Apple makes it difficult for non-App-Store products to use iCloud effectively, but it's still disappointing.
Omnigraffle is great for documentation, mapping, flowcharting, and other technical diagramming scenarios. It's simple enough to bang out a quick illustration and powerful enough to build complex blueprints for complicated technical systems. If you need cross-platform compatibility, though, you're probably better off looking elsewhere. If you want complex integration with data sources (ala Visio's SQL Server integration for shape metadata), OmniGraffle also falls short — but those scenarios are few and far between in my experience.
Read Jeff Eaton's full review
John Rougeux profile photo
November 15, 2018

OmniGraffle Review: "Easy way to outline concepts you need to communicate to others"

• Mind mapping. You can easily link ideas together and OmniFocus can automatically arrange them in a presentable format.
  • Wireframing. If you're working on simple design concepts, it's a great way to show ideas to designers.
  • Outlining process flows. If you're outlining a process, such as marketing automation, it's perfect.
  • No support for team collaboration. I would really like to see a way to share files to iCloud so that others can access and edit.
  • Better print settings. If you're trying to print a document across many pages, it's not easy to make this happen.
  • No ability to pre-configure settings. For example, I have to manually change the unit of measure from "inches" to "pixels" when I create a new document, would like the ability to change that fundamentally.
OmniFocus is great for when you want to map out an idea or process and then share it with others. I makes it very easy to link content together and create clean looking hierarchies. However, if you're looking for a tool that will let you collaborate on design, look elsewhere.
Read John Rougeux's full review
February 07, 2019

OmniGraffle Review: "THE diagramming software tool for OS X"

• OmniGraffle is fairly simple to use, but the one thing I think it does best is working with curved lines, particularly if you are using some of the available arc templates. Drop an arc onto your page, then tell it the dimensions it needs to be, and viola! Done. Manipulating the arcs is as simple as clicking and dragging offset points.
  • OmniGraffle has also done an excellent job in stirring up the creative minds of many people who create templates and tools to work with OmniGraffle (not that Microsoft hasn't done so either), and managed to get the bulk of those into well organized repositories.
  • What it all boils down to for me is: it just works. One doesn't need to have a computer science degree to work with it either. It is as simple or complex as you want it to be.
  • The ability to import Visio drawings is important to a lot of people. However, if one is importing a Visio drawing that has a complex arcs in it, they are not going to import properly. You end up with a drawing in OmniGraffle that doesn't look like it does in Visio - the arc lines are all off.
  • If one has a very complex diagram that needs to fit on one page but extends close to the margins, you could end up getting a little frustrated because the program keeps wanting to drag another page into the fray.
  • It may be something very simple to do, but I haven't yet found out how to specify exact page sizes for my drawings. If I just take the default, I'll get an 8/5" x 11" portrait page and have to focus on ensuring everything fits right. On the other hand, if I create a large page to start with because I know it isn't all going to fit on one letter-size page, resizing the page when I'm done is not a pretty picture.
As I said earlier in this review, OmniGraffle does an excellent job with arcs if they are created in OmniGraffle. The same is not true if the drawing I'm working on was imported from Visio. In that case, I need to just start all over with the arc lines, and that is not often a reasonable option.
Ash Sharma profile photo
February 01, 2018

Review: "OmniGraffle is simply the best choice for modelling on the Mac"

• Ease of use and time to adopt software
  • Multi-device support
  • Scripting capability
  • High-end modelling product
  • More templates stencils and samples
  • Data integration
If you're used to using Visio and similar tools on the PC then OmiGraffle for the Mac is a seamless transfer.
Has the same level of capability as any other modelling tool on the market but is more cost effective and has the added bonus of also being functional on iOS devices.
Read Ash Sharma's full review
Matt Railey profile photo
September 14, 2017

Review: "Omnigraffle is a good, if limited, tool"

• Creating diagrams and workflows
  • Creating Static Wire frame drawings
  • Creating Specification documentation for an application
  • There is no capability for creating prototype or interactions, I've starting moving away from using Omnigraffle for wire frames for this reason as there are other tools that accomplish this while enabling interactive features.
  • It is difficult to create charts
  • Stability isn't where I'd like it to be. Although I don't ever lose much work due to how MacOS autosaves regularly, I do see crashes and weird glitches more often than I do when using my other productivity tools.
I think it is best suited if you're looking for a Mac native alternative to MS Visio. It does static diagrams and workflows well. It is also a good tool to quickly draw out a basic wireframe to use a quick first draft to convey an idea. However, I've moved on to using tools like Sketch, UXPin, and Proto.io for creating interactive prototypes and wireframes that can then be fleshed out into full high fidelity mock-ups within the same software.
Read Matt Railey's full review
Kirk Brote profile photo
September 13, 2017

Review: "Is there still a place for OmniGraffle in your design flow?"

OmniGraffle is used by the product experience design team to produce detailed annotations that are too difficult to convey via a prototype. Often the more subtle aspects of a UI, experience, or interface are difficult to convey to developers, OmniGraffle allows us to instruct them on the nuance of the design without overly complicating the prototypes.
  • Annotations - OG excels!
  • It is a very easy tool for users to ramp up on.
  • The ability to script and export assets from the tool is excellent.
  • It would be nice to be able to export screen assets directly to InVision.
  • I wish coding interactivity in OG was easier and simpler.
  • I wish the tool intrinsically understood the distinction between screens and annotations without having to add actions or settings.
If you have an extremely deep UI with many layers and subtlety OmniGraffle is excellent for being able to detail all of the nuance and details. In cases where you have many instances of a single object with minor differences OmniGraffle affords the ability to easily identify the different individual instances and what the differences are.
Read Kirk Brote's full review
Fred ALPI profile photo
March 20, 2017

Review: "Omnigraffle, a good tool for writers and songwriters"

I mainly use OmniGraffle in order to structure texts when they are in work in progress status, from lyrics to poetry or novels. It helps me to structure my thoughts and ideas, and to find the best logic in the thematics used in the texts. I can keep references to the topics I intend to speak about, such as texts, images or links. By reorganizing them in different ways, Omnigraffle gives me a global vision which helps to find the best flow.
  • Structuring a novel is a very difficult exercise, as it is the basis on which everything will be built. Omnigraffle allows you to visualize a dramatic progression, and keep in mind the various references and situations I want to see appearing throughout the history I'm writing.
  • It is often important to switch phrases or select different verses in a song, Omnigraffle makes it easy to visualize the different options.
  • Promotion is a vital part in the life of artistic projects. Creating a strategy and explaining it is easier when you can have a more flexible tool than PowerPoint for example.
  • Well, let's dream and imagine a 3D version of the software, which would allow you to have different points of view on a situation.
  • Several panels on the same page would be nice in order to compare different versions of a project.
  • A historical visualization of the evolution of a project would be nice too.
Omnigraffle is a good tool for organizing ideas and thoughts, and visualize them easily and quickly. It is not a complete tool for the creation of texts, so you need to use other tools in addition to it. An interaction with writing tools could be an interesting feature.
Read Fred ALPI's full review
Richard Crane profile photo
September 07, 2016

Review: "OmniGraffle is great for wire frames and process diagrams"

OmniGraffle is a great tool for creating static wire frames which can be used for requirements validation and user interface and experience design. Typically OmniGraffle is used by UX designers to create wire frames for development, but is easy enough for business analysts and project managers to use if needed. It's relatively inexpensive and delivers a big ROI.
  • Allows users to create low to high fidelity wire frames to validate requirements.
  • Allows developers to understand exactly what the UI needs to look like, along with the ability to include notes on the UX.
  • There are a number of stencils and other templates to help get started. It's quick and easy to use, and fast to learn.
  • The static wire frames are always an issue with any UI/UX tool. OmniGraffle users have to be very detailed in their design and notes so that a developer understands the click-through functionality.
  • OmniGraffle is not available for a PC - it's iOS only, which will create a problem if you're not a Mac user.
  • It would be nice if OmniGraffle was capable of importing a page or text file so the user doesn't have to create everything from scratch.
I am a big fan of dynamic wire framing tools like Axure and iRise. OmniGraffle is great for static wire frames, which is often not enough to simply hand to a developer. Although most prototyping tools are more expensive than OmniGraffle, I'd still prefer the more dynamic tool. That being said, OmniGraffle is really good at what it does, and if you're using a Mac, OmniGraffle can't be beat.
Read Richard Crane's full review
Adeleye Lufadeju profile photo
March 18, 2016

OmniGraffle Review: "Great product with untapped potential"

We use OmniGraffle on a regular basis for flowcharts, behavioral flows, site map trees etc. This is being used in our digital department and it helps address some of the low visibility issue we have on some web projects as a whole.
  • Great template interface that one can drag and drop onto the canvas.
  • Very quick and easy to use interface that I would consider a low learning curve unlike others.
  • Would like to have more dynamic interaction tools that cover all that happens in the digital sphere from mobile, web page, or even touch.
  • More high end professional template assets. Simply improve the UI designs for most and keeping them current with what is being considered modern.
Well suited for a lot of things but not so much on mobile or touch which can be improved on as more features that can compete with other competitors.
Read Adeleye Lufadeju's full review
Jeffrey Young profile photo
March 11, 2016

Review: "Omnigraffle for Flows and basic wireframing"

Omnigraffle primarily used as a Visio replacement. It works well for flows and charts, as well as basic graphics. I have also used it for wireframing activities, but recently changed to using Axure RP or Sketch for wireframing and design activities as they have more flexibilities in those domains. Omnigraffle does offer much better visuals (as of 2014) than Visio.
  • Diagrams flowcharts: you can do anything that Visio does, only quicker, easier, and better looking.
  • Wireframing: while I prefer other tools now, Omnigraffle has a robust user community and offers free/paid widget sets for web, mobile, and desktop application wireframes.
  • Basic interactions: Omnigraffle allows for masters and basic hotspot interactions. If you only need to show simple functionality, Omnigraffle can work.
  • Interactions: each new visual must be on a completely new page (as of version 5). There isn't a good way to set up simple on-page interactions (i.e. show/hide of a widget).
  • Defaults: while the default setting for the widgets are nice looking, they can look a little cartoony sometimes.
If my colleague is planning to create work flows and / or diagrams, then I will definitely recommend Omnigraffle. It excels for those use cases. If they only need make a simple wireframe, I can recommend Omnigraffle as a decent dual tasker to supplement flow charts. However, if the need is to create more detailed wireframes or prototypes, there are other tools better suited in my opinion.
Read Jeffrey Young's full review
November 14, 2016

OmniGraffle Review: "Great tool for behind-the-scenes"

I use OmniGraffle from time to time when creating user flows and basic journey maps. It is not a required tool at my company or in my department.
  • Diagram creation - It's easy to make and organize various boxes.
  • Wireframing - The use of guides helps keep everything aligned. The multiple pages helps keep all the screens in a project organized.
  • Brainstorming - It's possible to quickly draw up a digital representation of a pathway or user journey to share with my team.
  • The interface could be more beautiful.
  • OmniGraffle isn't quite as intuitive or beginner-friendly as some other design tools (e.g., Sketch 3).
If you're looking to do rough wireframing or diagramming, this is a great tool for you!

If you're looking to create really beautiful deliverables, this probably isn't the best tool for the job.
March 21, 2016

Review: "OmniGraffle - Great for flowcharts, and information architecture"

We use Omnigraffle for charting out website and user flows. This includes flow charts, information architecture and more. To my knowledge, it is only used by our department.

Omnigraffle helps us create a total picture of what a website project will look like, how many pages there will be, and how users will interact with it. We then use this to discuss with stakeholders for feedback and iterations.
  • Flow charts. You can set up a grid and import libraries.
  • User Journey. You can map out how a user will interact with a website. Everything is click and drag, and creating arrows etc. is fast and easy.
  • I use the arrows function a lot, and I find it is very particular. I wish the process was easier. If i don't use OmniGraffle for a month or two and come back I feel like I need to learn it again.
  • I'd like to auto-resize things according to the grid I set. Perhaps this is already a feature?
  • How a file is saved is actually a bit confusing at first. It always saves copies I think?
It has never been my go-to tool for prototyping or wire-framing. I find other tools do that better. I use it almost exclusively for work where I need to map flows, information, charts etc. For wireframing it feels like too many clicks etc. I'd rather use sketch for scenarios like that.
March 18, 2016

Review: "For diagramming any abstract ideas or complex interactions, Omnigraffle is way to go."

OmniGraffle was one of tools that suggested by a department level. As a designer, we used Omnigraffle a lot particularly in the phase of discovering user needs and understanding user flow, and customer journey. I think it provides a very convenient way to create a flow chart and sitemap. Also I liked the feature of copying a diagram or any artifacts I made from Omnigraffle and pasting them as an image to any presentation tools. It was very convenient that I didn't have to worry about readjusting size or image resolution. Overall, it helps create a quick diagram and big landscape of our product and easily to share with team members.
  • There are good templates that I can use.
  • Easy to create and modify objects, text, and arrows.
  • Converting from Omnigraffle to other formats which make it easy to use the contents anywhere.
  • Cost is a bit expensive.
  • Sync with other wireframing, prototyping, graphic tools would be great. Specifically, if it can be converted to .ai or .svg (vector graphic tool) to customize the look and feel of diagrams more, then that would be great.
  • Collaboration & real-time feedback sharing functionality would be great.
OminiGraffle is well suited for the planning phase (diagramming, wireframing) of product development or sharing ideas or brainstorming different flows or customer journey. It's easy to create a technical flow chart to show complex interactions with an easier and clear way for the better understanding of audiences.

However, it's less appropriate to create high-fidelity mock up screens to share final designs and ideas in design phase.
March 11, 2016

OmniGraffle Review: "A few adjustments and this is a GREAT tool!"

OmniGraffle is being used by our organization to build wireframe sketches. These sketches are shared with our clients during the beginning phase of a project. This makes it fairly easy for us to update the wireframes sketches based on any edits the client may have. Once the wire frames are approved we proceed to build out the interactions and pass to the creative department so they can use the wireframes as a reference when they create the graphics for the product.
  • Placeholders! I love how there are endless stencils to choose from and download for OmniGraffle.
  • I love how easy it is to connect elements in OmniGraffle down to the pixel. The connectors are also helpful when building flowcharts and user stories for user experience.
  • The double click to enter text on any shape makes it super convenient to quickly put together a flow chart! I love that I do not need to create a shape and then drop in a text box and place it over the shape to enter text.
  • One feature i would love to see on OmniGraffle is the ability to see the pixel distance when I'm trying to place shapes next to each other. Working in UX, i'm always trying to wireframe down to the pixel, this gives the client and the other departments a clearer understanding of how the end product dimensions will look like.
  • Preloaded digital platform dimensions would be great. I know there are stencils we can use, but it would be great if i can click on a new canvas and choose between iPhone 6, iPad, desktop 1024, etc. It would make the prototype process much easier when I'm design for these platforms.
  • A bigger canvas. Why not have a unlimited canvas so I can build user flows without always having to readjust the canvas size. I like to open the program and just dive right in and start designing without spending time trying to guess how big the canvas should be.
I just love how there are so many placeholders readily available and easy to access and drop into the canvas.
March 14, 2016

User Review: "Omnigraffle for Wireframing and Flows"

• Wireframing
  • Quickly getting down UX flows
  • Easily document and share information architecture
  • More detailed mods and plugins!
  • Ability to share mocks with non-omnigraffle users. Possible a way to publish a wireframe to a url that I could send to clients or engineers
  • More options to animate/visually describe transitions
Less appropriate for high fidelity mockups
March 08, 2016

User Review: "My thoughts on Omnigraffle"

Me and my team use Omnigraffle to diagram user flows and create site maps. It is also used for brainstorming and visual note taking.
  • Creating hierarchy diagrams
  • It's quick to open, throw ideas down and interact with.
  • Too many options
  • It is hard to style diagrams
  • It is sometimes too linear
I think omnigraffle is great for interaction and UX designers as well as anyone who is hosting a meeting or brainstorm.

About OmniGraffle

OmniGraffle is a wireframing tool for Mac users.